Fitting a Blitz boost controller

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I was going to fit my boost controller yesterday but got a bit unsure of what to do.
The instructions I have is all in japanese and i don't have the time to learn it ;)

I have the dual solenoid one with a in nipple and an out nipple on the solenoid.
If I've got it right on hose goes to the intercooler piping and the other to the actuator.

Cant' see much use of the stock solenoid as the new one has taken all it's hoses connections :)
But there is still one hose from the stock solenoid which goes to bewteern the turbo and LMM. Is that supposed to be blocked?

And that teflon hose. What is that suppose to go to??

B

Brad

Might be a little too late but email me brad.ws@gmail.com or post any questions. I would recommend not retaining the stock solenoid. The teflon hose you will need to use the t-piece included to 't' it off from the manifold pressure feed.
The dual solenoid unit itself has marked what to feed and to where.

Let us know if you have any issues.

Brad.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Mine is plumbed off a boost nipple on the hotpipe to IC pipe Samco. The OEM solenoid is long gone. I'd recommend putting the solenoid somewhere near the filter. Don't be temped to attach it to the old solenoid mount. Its far too close to the manifold. You want to keep the boost hoses as short as possible.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hmm. Ok

If anyone got a pic of how the hoses run it would help me alot :)
Still don't really get where to put the teflon hose and what to do with the hose from between the stock solenoid and pipe between turbo and airfilter. :(

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You should already have the two hoses you need. The one going to the actuator (OUT) and the other one which would have originally come from the cold pipe, just above the carbon canister.

Remove all the other pipework and block the nipple off the elephant truck.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
So di I get this right?
One hose goes from the intercooler piping (from nipple on cold side on my intercooler piping) to the IN on the solenoid.
One hose goes from the actuator to the OUT on the solenoid.
The hose from between the airfilter and turbo to the stock solenoid is blocked.
The stock solenoid is removed along with all the stock hoses (new samco and blitz hoses will replace to the new solenoid)
The Teflon hose is T'd to the boost hose going from the intake to the recirc-valve (where the boost sensor takes it's reading)

Am I correct?? :confused:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Let's bring this up again :)

I've fitted the boost controller now (but not the solenoid)
Am I correct when I say that the red wire is for ignition and the black earth?
Or is the red for constant power?
It worked fine when i tried it connected to ignition but I want to make sure so that I don't spend a day getting it set just so that it can loose it's memory when i turn the car off :eek: