What's new

Standard Spec-S Owners - Pics of Intake Feed?

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
I'm trying to redesign my intake & have heard the Spec-S' take the air from between the bumper & the front passenger arch liner?

I'm looking to see what the Spec-S intake feed for the air filter looks like & where it's positioned, preferably with the bumper off but any pics at all showing where the air goes in etc would be greatly appreciated! :)

Anyone have any pics like this at all?

Reaction score
Haven't seen it but that would make sense. If you don't have the WMIC then its perfect location

M

Matt_S

Ive seen S13 Silvia NA and basically the std airbox has an additional inlet from the arch. It runs to the airbox thro the hole where the WMIC pipework runs on the turbo'd cars.
Its easy to modify if you have a FMIC. Just get some flexiduct piping and run it from the front of the car (say behind the fog light) and up to the inlet thro the hole vacated by the std WMIC piping.
Ill see if I can find a pic of a similar setup :)

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Nice cold-air box! :cool: Only question I have is though what happens when he goes through puddles or through a flooded road? Or spray from the car in front's hitting you?

Any pics of where the inlet on the S15 goes from the arch? Front or back facing?

M

Matt_S

Well, on Steves car ( the one in the pics) it goes into the side of the airbox so its quite a bit longer than it looks.
No pics of S15 bu I think the S13 NA one was side on.

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Ahh very good - so it doesn't go up where the standard intercooler piping goes but comes into the engine-bay where the hot-pipe usually is, turns & goes back into the cold-air box?

No water/spray problems?

G

GUEST_JDM

my s15 feeds air stright from the gard n the standard hole in the front bumper to the left of the car i dont have any water problems at all not even when it rains or if i smash through puddles, mine is a smialar design to the ca 180 in the pics but my filter is where the cold intake starts all most i can relay pics if u wants

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Thanks Elizium! :thumbs:

my s15 feeds air stright from the gard n the standard hole in the front bumper to the left of the car i dont have any water problems at all not even when it rains or if i smash through puddles, mine is a smialar design to the ca 180 in the pics but my filter is where the cold intake starts all most i can relay pics if u wants
Yes that'd be great thanks cause I can't get any low-down angles of where it goes in or what the intake looks like.

M

Matt_S

Ahh very good - so it doesn't go up where the standard intercooler piping goes but comes into the engine-bay where the hot-pipe usually is, turns & goes back into the cold-air box?

No water/spray problems?

No probs in the 7 years+ that its been on :)