What's new

Changing S15 Front Brake Pads

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I need to replace them so i thought i would be nice and sort out a brake pad changing write up at the same time for the people that havent done it before
so here we go......
Tools you will need
Jack, Screwdriver flat bed one, clamp, copper grease,
First un do the wheel nuts before jacking up the car otherwise u wont be able to gett he wheel nuts loose

The PADS

Find the jacking point under the the side skirts please becareful in jacking the right point as u could end up cracking ur side skirt if u jack the wrong point

Then nuts and wheels off....

Then at the back of the caliper there is a pin which holds the other two pins which u can see on the outside, carefully pull the pin at the back out of the other two pins

once the pins are out u will need to use the clamp to clamp back the pistons using the old pads

OLD AND NEW PADS

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Take the old pad out then put the metal holders on to the new pad and stick some copper grease onto the new pad

The new pad should go in easy aslong as you clamped the piston back in right....

Once all pads are in you need to line up the holes where the pins slot back in and fit the middle metal bit which is held in by the two pins
then slot the middle part back in then the bottom pin first and the top one, once both pins are in then carefully slot the rear pin back into the two pins careful u dont bend the pin

Make sure everything is on properly then time to fit the wheel back on and then nuts, tighten the nuts a little before u lower the car as the wheel might not be on even

and there you go front pads fitted in the time of about 20-40minutes

Hope this can help some people which havent done this before

Reaction score
NO WAY!!!! Ming got his hands dirty... for the first time like.... for ever!

Told you they were an easy swap! ;) :D if you weren't selling, you'd be more enticed to fit some more bits! lol

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
haha i knew this was easy but i was hoping i didnt have to fit these so i could sell them to some lucky bugger for good money haha....

oh i didnt really get my hands dirty can't u see i was wearing gloves lol

Reaction score
awww, nicely feels left out now! :(

if it's any consulation, i used bits of your short shift guide! ;) bloody thing! LOL

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
sorry nicely i didnt know u had one lol...i knew how to do these ones thats why and thought oh might aswell sort out something for everyone else...

but are u photos as nice as mine hehe:D