What's new

G Box and Diff Filler holes

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
I've searched the site and looked at the S15 maintenance manual but cant find what I'm looking for.

I'm assuming the drain plug for both will be simple to find however I am not too sure if I'll find the filler. Also, would it be best to fill through the top of the gearbox as I have read on here that you can and if so what would be the ups and downs of doing this.

Any pics would be great, if not I'm sure I will find the right filler holes.

Cheers, Chief

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yep, they're both easy to find. One is on the bottom, one about halfway up each box.

MT-7 and PD-12 in the workshop manual :)

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Thanks Nicely.

I thought they would but the guys at the tuning garage said the diff was not that simple and as I only have a trolley jack I havent been able to get far enough tosee the gearbox.

The WS manual drawings look sexual andprobably sent me looking at other sites where fingers and holes etc :eek:

What about topping up from the top of the gearbox or would this cause more drag on gears and cause less fuel efficiency?

Cheers, Chief

Reaction score
no, the drag on the gears won't change. 1.8 is enough to cover the gearsets, but, when it sloshes about in the little bit of space left over it causes it to feel "notchy".

This is solved with "overfilling".

Technically, it's not over filling, it's just that they had to make the filling hole somewhere accessable. Because the volume in the gearbox never changes, no damage can be caused by "overfilling".

Just remember to extend your breather pipe though! :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
There is a pic of the rear diff holes in the useful threads guide about changing the diff oil :)
I found that the refill nut might be tricky to get to with an aftermarket exhaust.