What's new

Leaking - Help!

Reaction score
Well I think I found my problem, no wonder it was leaking:

On another note.

Im trying to put my new braided hoses back on but I cannot get the longer of the two coolant lines to go on.

Has anyone else has a problem with this?

Im trying to put it back on so it goes the same way as the original hose did.

But the gap in which it has to go is not big enough as the lock plate still has to fit in the gap yet.

Im lost what I can do as it will not physically all fit unless I bend the end of the hose (really dont want to do this).

I then decided that if I remove the bolt holding on the bracket in the second of my pictures it might fit, which it did, but sadly the hole goes through the housing.

Really stuck, anyone know what I can do... ... ... :annoyed: ??? ???

Mate,

What was the mileage of your car when the coolant lines broke? Mine looked fine when i changed my exhaust manifold recently...just want to be on the safe side and do the preventive maintenance...

thanks in advance mate...

:wave:

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Its just comming up to 50,000 miles mate :)

It happened after quite a hard drive, but I dont think the age of your car comes into it too much, just get it done asap.

I feel lucky that I caught it before anything more serious happened!!!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The oil feed is just a susceptible to cracking. A lot messier when that goes... :p However, the water feeds are more crucial for a ball bearing turbo than the oil feed. Its the other way around with a viscous turbo (T28).

Reaction score
Its just comming up to 50,000 miles mate :)

It happened after quite a hard drive, but I dont think the age of your car comes into it too much, just get it done asap.

I feel lucky that I caught it before anything more serious happened!!!
Thanks for the indication mate...my car is almost touching 50000km :)...
will probably get the Earls kit which is a bit expensive but a quality piece of kit...

what are you using?

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I got the hose kit from hose solutions along with new banjo bolts for all the hoses (not the premium ones as it looks like the only difference is you can remove the ends of the hoses?).

But dont bother getting the oil hose banjo bolts as they will not fit the S15 and I had to reuse the original oil banjos after I cleaned them up a bit.

While it was off I also replaced all 4 turbo gaskets, exhaust manifold gasket, all hose washers, wrapped the turbo elbow, and put brass nuts on the turbo to manifold and turbo to turbo-elbow.

It looked liked my engine was on fire when I started the car up becasue of all the WD40 burning off :rotfl:

Reaction score
I got the hose kit from hose solutions along with new banjo bolts for all the hoses (not the premium ones as it looks like the only difference is you can remove the ends of the hoses?).

But dont bother getting the oil hose banjo bolts as they will not fit the S15 and I had to reuse the original oil banjos after I cleaned them up a bit.

While it was off I also replaced all 4 turbo gaskets, exhaust manifold gasket, all hose washers, wrapped the turbo elbow, and put brass nuts on the turbo to manifold and turbo to turbo-elbow.

It looked liked my engine was on fire when I started the car up becasue of all the WD40 burning off :rotfl:
Thanks for the tip mate! :wave:

p/s : My car is also Pewter with the Aerokit minus the infamous triangular rear spoiler...it comes with a ducktail instead...

:thumbs:

Reaction score
Mates,

Need some help as my turbo oil line is leaking from the outlet from the engine block...the inlet oil line to turbo seemed to be fine...

so i sent my car to my regular workshop and he replaced the copper washers...it seemed to be fine when it was idling on the ramp...

however, when i did a regular run at night and checked the floor the next day, there was still some oil leak (was about 5 to 10ml of oil) :cry:...i checked the engine oil level when cold and its at the H mark on the dipstick...

When i replaced the copper washers, i just replaced them with the regular ones available at the spare part shop...is this the cause of the leak?

what is the original part no for the copper washers mate?

thanks in advance for your feedback mates...:thumbs:

Reaction score
Hi Nicely,

Thanks for your valuable advise...will check this over in the weekend again...

Reaction score
Sounds like the copper washer has been pinched whilst it was tightened. Very easy to do...
Hi Nicely,

Are the any good practices that i need to follow whlist doing this job again? Your guidance on this is much appreciated...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Was just trying to remember. The oil feed screws into the block rather than uses a banjo connection, doesn't it? Do you know where its leaking? If its from the actual screw connection, take it out and clean it up, then wrap a few layers of PTFE tape around the thread and re-insert.

Reaction score
Was just trying to remember. The oil feed screws into the block rather than uses a banjo connection, doesn't it? Do you know where its leaking? If its from the actual screw connection, take it out and clean it up, then wrap a few layers of PTFE tape around the thread and re-insert.
Hi Nicely,

Its indeed leaking at the bolt that screws into the block with the banjo connection...great tip there, will just do what you recommended...

besides that, for a long term solution does the gktech kit come with an oil restrictor and are the worth getting? I notice that the turbo lines evetually will rupture after a certain mileage...Please refer to the link below :

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=313396

thanks Nicely for your advice and guidance...