What's new

I've got some kinda anti frezze leck somewhere

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
anyone know of something like this happening at all....had a quick look and its coing from somewhere near the turbo area but not sure where...i can see leck cuz the bottom of the car is wet where u can smell it aswell...anyone got any ideas what it might be?? :(

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Turbo water inlet/return pipes. Banjo washers make them a right ba$tard to fix. Has to be done just right. Right ba$tard to get to as well...

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
is it a know problem??....would it cost much to fix?? would it have anything to do with with the exhaust...as i was thinking weather it was the problem with the guy hiting me from behind

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its possible. If your exhaust was knocked forward, it would travel right through to the downpipe, elbow and onto the turbo. If the turbo moved, it could cause the pipes to leak. If the exhaust was knocked, you want to get all the turbo feed pipes checked. There's a oil feed pipe too. The last thing you want is a fracture in any of them... :eek:

Cost is dependent on whether its just a loose pipe, or if its a fractured pipe.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
right i have mentioned it to the guy thats fixing my car....just gotta get a reply..takes forever

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Topper said:
Man you and this car were not meant to be :(

You should source another one and sell yours :p
Seems like Sushiming or his car is coursed :( Probobly by a yelous Ferrari owner or something :cool: :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Yip i think your right, there is a Tennants advert on at the moment with the use of Voodoo, very funny although it may only be on in Scotland :wave:

Anyway i think your a victom :eek:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
found the prob mate its a copper seal on the turbo i think its either the inlet or outlet pipe....so will get it fix asap..hope thats all it is...

K

kieran

i dont mean to be a doubter but is'nt it likely to be a split in the pipe it self? i thought this was a common fault?

this is what i found and cost around ?50 just for a standard hard pipe ( i needed it quickly at the time)......wish i had gone for braided mow though
:nod:

its a pain to change but nothing too taxing ;)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yeah. That's why I suggested checking for fractures.

Its actually quicker and cheaper to get somewhere to make the pipes. I got one made on my first S15 (the one that went back) when the oil feed fractured. Luckily, the garage which fixed it happened to have a race prep place right behind. :p

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
will double check as my mate will help me fix it they got a place near by which do pipes and stuff so see how it goes car wont be driven much now

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
tryed fixing it today but not fucking luck still lecking plus dented my boot lid aswell iam f...ing pissed off now