What's new

V mount intercooler anyone?

S

silviac

Has anyone got this set up? I quite like it than fmic

there is a guy who uses trust cooler and radiator to do this setup. Seems pretty impressive.

Does it require any cutting of chassis and etc or can it be done without much hassle?

hks type s cooler be any suitable?

K

kazama

try and PM auxoura. He did a v-mount setup and he removed it out after a few weeks.

S

silviac

try and PM auxoura. He did a v-mount setup and he removed it out after a few weeks.
Removed? any reason you know? I'm quite tempted to do this setup as it will give better response but all depend on how it will be installed as i don't want to grind off my frame..

K

kazama

Frankly a V-mount setup is not advisable for a street car where there's a lot of stop and go. I knew this since before and although it may look impressive, it needs to be done properly with proper shrouding, fans, vented bonnet, etc. And yet its hard to say whether it will work properly or not.

He removed the setup because the water temp at idling was 98 degrees.

A

auxoura

It can work if you can fit massive 2 X 12" SPAL or any other high performance fans with shrouds.

Your ducting must also be good with custom parts that is perfectly measured to fit.

Mine was not done as much effort as I would have hoped to do and there are problems that I did not realized until it was too late.

We could discuss and could give you my ideas and all but no promises that it will work. But the lag is reduced greatly even with the high temp. Amazing...lol....

S

silviac

Ah so it's not all about easy as setup... doh!
I thought it was just a matter of mounting ic and rad on v shape and have fans with vent on bonnet..

Kazama:
What is frequent stop gotta do with the v mount? Is it the heat circulating issue?

A

auxoura

Haha....I am no expert on it but you can add me on MSN at auxoura_b@yahoo.com

Ducting is the most important because you do not want hot air to recirculate back to the radiator causing the radiator to heatsoak.

I also read that when on high speed the pressure under the bonnet and vents will determine the effeciency of your V-Mount.

Personally I do not recommend it unless you are willing to R&D.

S

silviac

I also read that when on high speed the pressure under the bonnet and vents will determine the effeciency of your V-Mount.

Personally I do not recommend it unless you are willing to R&D.
Exactly well explained. no pressure difference no airflow what so ever.

Well i am in no way of a position where i can do R&D... lol

how about the predator setup from oz? rad at the front and ic at the back? I think they pulled their product off which leads to an assumption that it didn't work well?