What's new

Installing Coilovers

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Hey guys, Have any of you fitted coilovers to your own s15?

If so how hard is it? Me mate Jay and me will be doing it tomorrow morning and just wondered if there's anything to watch out for bar snapping any OEM bolts >.<'

I got the DW Setup, they look ace!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There's a guide in S14 Useful Threads on SXOC.

The won't look cool after a couple of weeks when they're covered in crap :p

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
hope you have a rattle gun and a torque wrench. I think I would have really struggled getting off the bottom nuts off the factory coilovers with out it.

The removal / installation is pretty straight forward. If you have reasonable mechanical aptitude, you will be fine.

P

Pazz

Or just a long breaker bar!

Have fun getting the ride-height to the desired level. ALWAYS a bitch! Still yet to raise the back on mine since I installed the APEX Gen2's.

What made you go for the DW units?

EDIT: The spring rate on the DW's are 8/6 so could be a bit bumpy if ever you go back-roads Mint!

Last edited:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Im always on back roads ;) Well i went for the DW units for various reasons.

Number 1, i didnt know who was rolling them, i wanted my own opinon on them to see if there the shiz.
Number 2 i plan on using this s15 in the future to take to drift days and maybe apply for a BDC licence. (In time..)
Number 3 From what i can understand there the same spec as the TEIN super drifts but for slightly cheaper.
Number 4 The inverted monotube design with built in front camber adjustment really appealed to me
Number 5 Iv heard bad things about the Apex ones, and not a single bad review on the the DW ones.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
well got them fitted on saturday and what a differance,

The thing is slammed on the back with some serious camber issues and to start i had them set to hard all round, after a 50mile drive home and back to my mates in town my back and shattered into a million little pieces!!!

So, quick turn to soft and they are out of this world!!! I need to get the car set up correctly but for now its magic, The dampness of the OEM shocks but the rigity of coilovers on corners.. so so so overly happy with them its unreal!