What's new

c's short shifter

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity can the 5 speed short shifter be fitted to the 6 speed box? The reason i ask is because since fitting my c's shifter a year ago the surround with the leather gaitor doesnt fit anymore so ive always wondered if it was the right shifter or is it a case of my gearbox sitting too high? Does anyone else have the same issue?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Yes they are different. The 5 speed shifter can not be fitted to the 6 speed box.

Reaction score
look the same as a stock one fitted.... they're a little shinnier though! lol

subzero

Reaction score
i think ive the same as you rob .... my gaitor allways pops out too.

and reverse is a jightmare tomreach over for thus why i believe ive a 5sp version too.

nengun now stock the 6sp . think i may snap that one up when funds allow.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of their shifters fitted? Ive checked nicelys site and mine looks the same but his seems to fit and mine doesnt?

Reaction score
cheers nicely, you wouldnt happen to have on with the pewter shifter surround and no boot would you?

Reaction score
heres mine.....

you can see in the top two corners that it wears on the plastic surround, now these are as tight as hell! Ive tightend them in a criss cross pattern aswell to make sure all sides are equal.

i still had the box so just to make sure it was the right shifter..

seems to be the right one, does anyone else have the same part number on the box?

Reaction score
cheers nicely, looks like my box sits higher alltogether. I have a uras transmission mount i rekon that mite have something to do with it?

Reaction score
lol that was with thanks to one of the members on here that did a group buy a while back ;)