What's new

Turbo the SR20DE?

S

superbike81

I've been reading over this site for quite a while, and I haven't seen any posts about installing a turbo setup on the stock SR20DE.

I just picked up a 2000 Spec-S for VERY cheap, and I plan on swapping in an SR20DET at some point, but the wiring stuff I've been reading scares me a little, as I'm mechanically inclined, but far from an electrician.

Has anyone here took the factory turbo setup from a S13/14/15 and installed it on the SR20DE?

This is what I'm looking at needing right now:

Manifold
Turbo
Injectors
FMIC
MAF
Oil/Water Lines
S-AFC
Boost Gauge
Exhaust

Being in Japan, and knowing quite a few Nissan guys here, I can get most of the OEM parts for very cheap or free, and I don't mind putting in a little bit of labor. The rest of the parts is stuff I would have bought anyways.

I'm not looking for big power, just stock level power, so maybe 225hp or so. I'll just run the stock level boost, which I believe is 8psi. I won't be running the car real hard yet, but if/when this motor blows, I'll do the SR20DET swap.

Has anyone done this before? Did you run into any problems?

Reaction score
i have done it on my s15 six months ago. it really isn't such a big think. i rebuilted the engine with forgen internals and i am running the standard s15 turbo. upgrated fuel pump, injectors, exhaust and running an emanage ultimate. the big problem is to find the right tuner. why spend two times the money and don't just rebuild and turbocharge the de?