What's new

Help With Tyre Size & Wheel Offset / Camber+Toe Settings

K

keithk

Hi All,

Sorry I have not posted an N00bie post first but I just got myself a SPEC R 2 day's ago and am bursting with questions to rattle your brains with :D
I promise to post a full spec with pic's at the weekend when I get a chance.

Now the first question I have is regarding the current wheel and tyre setup on my car.
At present I have the following on my car.

Works Meister S2R

Rear Wheels
Size 18 X 9 . 0 J J
P.C.D. 114.3
Off +47

Tyre Size Currently On Rear 245/40/18

Front Wheels
Size 18 X 8 . 0 J J
P.C.D. 114.3
Off +37

Tyre Size Currently On Front 225/40/18

Now the question is mainly with the Rear tyres, as they are worn a good bit on the inside of the wheel, while the rest of the tyre has plenty of rubber left.
As mentioned above there are 245/40/R18 tyres on the back and to my untrained eyes these appear to be slightly stretched over the RIM'S are these to small & should I replace them with 255/40/R18 ?

I will book the car in for a full laser wheel alignment this weekend and I would like to know what would be the best Toe/Camber I should ask the guy's to setup my SPEC R to with the wheels above, bearing in mind I am NOT Looking for a drift setup that will wear my tyres out in no time :mad:

I did try research this prior to putting up this post and the best information I got was a link from NICELY :thumbs: to http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/fact_sheets/CK_Nissan_s14-5.PDF
From what I can make out it suggests some Toe/Camber settings for a range of different setups that you could desire, now the million dollar question is will I be able to have any of these settings applied to my car with the current wheel/tyre setup that is on the car at present?

Bearing in mind the car is fitted with coilovers at present, but does not appear to have any aftermarket adjustable arms on the back for adjustment.

Thank In Advance For Any Help Given. :thumbs:

Regards,
Keith.

K

keithk

Many thanks for the replies on SXOC NICELY :thumbs:
It's a huge relief to hear that I might be ok with the current setup once I fit adjustable arms.

J

jspecv20

Re: Help With Tyre Size & Wheel Offset / Camber+Toe Sett

keithk said:
, bearing in mind I am NOT Looking for a drift setup that will wear my tyres out in no time
Thank In Advance For Any Help Given. :thumbs:

Regards,
Keith.
Hey buddy,
a proper "drift alignment" shouldn't kill your tyres so quickly,

I run
-2.5deg front
-2.5deg rear (I'd normally run zero, but the new rims don't fit .)
+7.5 castor
+/- 0.0mm toe front
2mm toe in total rear

I run the same for curcuit sprint as well,

Cheers mate! :)

PS IMHO

for best fit, 215/225 for 8" rim & 235 for 9"

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
He did say that he wasn't interested in a drift setup... :)

The Whiteline Touring setup is going to be ideal for day to day driving, and enen the odd track session.