What's new

Questions on Exshaust, AFM, Boost and others

S

spikey

Hello.

Bought a S15 with 51k on the clock, and planing for sum 'cheap' mods on in , well for now at least.

The s15 gonna be my daily driver, and I'm planning to increase the boost up to 1.2 bar too. (too high? ) here are a few questions::confused:

1.boost controller: which one? profec-B? HKS EVC? BLITZ SBC? they all look so pretty, to bad i can only fit one. :p

2.exhaust manifold: i heard that the factory one is the strongest, will an aftermarket one break under constant high pressure? (those TIG welds don't really look convincing), also is it necessary?

3.AFM. will the the factory AFM cut it? or do i need a Z32. I'm sticking with standard turbo.

4.ECU: power FC? probably going to get it if i can find a cheap used one. or a S-AFC will do to?

5.injectors and fuel pump? with 1.2 bar on standard turbo, is it necessary?

I think thats about it, well for now. also, I'm definetly going to fit the usual mods, FMIC, 3" exhaust, air filter.

Car is still being prep for MOT inspection, pics i a week or so :whistle:. thanks in advance.

I have to return to Malaysia (land of everything expensive and pays sucks) in a few month. So while I'm still here in Japan, I'm gonna mod this car as much as i can :D

Reaction score
Hello.

Bought a S15 with 51k on the clock, and planing for sum 'cheap' mods on in , well for now at least.

The s15 gonna be my daily driver, and I'm planning to increase the boost up to 1.2 bar too. (too high? ) here are a few questions::confused:

1.boost controller: which one? profec-B? HKS EVC? BLITZ SBC? they all look so pretty, to bad i can only fit one. :p

2.exhaust manifold: i heard that the factory one is the strongest, will an aftermarket one break under constant high pressure? (those TIG welds don't really look convincing), also is it necessary?

3.AFM. will the the factory AFM cut it? or do i need a Z32. I'm sticking with standard turbo.

4.ECU: power FC? probably going to get it if i can find a cheap used one. or a S-AFC will do to?

5.injectors and fuel pump? with 1.2 bar on standard turbo, is it necessary?

I think thats about it, well for now. also, I'm definetly going to fit the usual mods, FMIC, 3" exhaust, air filter.

Car is still being prep for MOT inspection, pics i a week or so :whistle:. thanks in advance.

I have to return to Malaysia (land of everything expensive and pays sucks) in a few month. So while I'm still here in Japan, I'm gonna mod this car as much as i can :D
Hi Mate,

:wave:

I too drive a S15 with a similiar mileage like yours in Malaysia...

1. Profec Spec BII is a good budget EBC and its easy to tune...i have also heard good things about the HKS EVC...however, not as user friendly as the Greddy.

2. Stick to stock manifold...i fitted a second hand stainless steel unit, and it has cracked after about 4 days of usage :annoyed:

3. Z32 AFM not really necessary unless you are aiming for big rwkw...

4. Power FC is a better option...:thumbs:

5. Injectors are fine up to 1 bar...1.2 bar you already pushing the limits of the turbo...get a walbro fuel pump, tomei or other compatible japanese brands...

6. FMIC the Greddy Spec M or LS is good value for money...:thumbs:

7. Exhaust you can go for Fujitsubo Legalis R, RM01A, HKS Silent Hi-Power and Trust Power Extreme II...these are all Jasma approved systems and give a good compromise between power gains and noise...you also can get a good turbo outlet pipe from HKS and Tomei...downpipe you will have a varierty of choices...you can opt for the one with a flexible pipe section(pineapple) or the solid designs

8. For the air filter, i would stick with the stock air box, change to a good drop in filter and finally modify the standard air box to accomodate an additional air ram pipe from the front bumper

Hope this helps you mate...

:thumbs: