What's new

Alignment Arm Fitting

P

Pazz

Just to start this one up again....

Is there much difference in the quality/reliablity of different makes of alignment arms. I'm on the hunt for some rear camber + toe arms. Theres quite a bit of choice in the market for which brands to go for. I've heard the scary stories of ones bought from ebay etc.

I stumbled across an american supplier called SPL Parts after an SXOC project mentioned them. The company make their own from scratch. They look from the pics to be really high quality and use larger 1.5" tubing.

There is ofcourse the option of the Apex or Driftworks versions.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
That is what I have in my car. They seem to be ok so far, except the rose joints will need to be greased. I found this out the hard way during a 500km drive. My mate 50m infront of me could hear my suspension squeeking. Man it was loud! I actully have to go an grease the one I missed this morning.

For some reason I also got a set of S13 rear camber arms that aren't required. Don't know why I got them.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
nope, whiteline swaybars.

P

Pazz

Just given them a quick call, they have sold out and no more will be made for another 3 weeks.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I am sure I saw a set on Oz ebay last night.

P

Pazz

I have just found what I think you are talking about and I dont think they are the same.

Is there really that much difference between different brands though? I dont think I can be waiting 3 weeks. Thats another 3 weeks of uneven tyre wear.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
They may be a different brand, but the pics look exactly the same as what I have in my car. I suppose it's like anything. You get what you pay for. If you buy Cusco or Tein ones they will be better quality, but is double the price worth it for a street car? If my car was a permant track car, then fair enough, I would pay the difference.

Reaction score
The thing you have to watch for is the quality of the rose joints. I have the Cusco ones and what I like about them is the joints have rubber boots over them to keep out dirt:)