What's new

Brake Pedal Still Soft?!?!

Y

YazS150

While I was having my clutch done I had a full brake upgrade done as well....Ferodo DS2500 pads all round, new discs all round, goodridge hoses all round and fresh Motul RBF 600 throughout. The brake pedal is still very soft tho....a lot of travel before u actually start braking and if i pump the pedal while the car is off there is a sound of air release like with a foot pump for a bike tyre or football?? Any ideas guys?? MUCH APPRECIATED!!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Sounds like there is still air in the system. You could try to pressure bleed your brakes. The other possibility is a vacuum leak either within the brake booster itself or to the brake booster.

A

auxoura

bleed or maybe leak....common causes :D

i heard the abs is a bitch to bleed...lol

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
FYI I bled my whole system after fitting larger brakes and they are spot on. I had my engine running when I did it (dont know if it makes any difference as my car was fine afterwards). Start with the furthest away from master cylinder so back left, back right, front left and front right. I used non return tubes on the nipples and used my bro to tighten nipples. I also never pressed the brake pedal too far, I used my hand until it hit resistence. Handbrake was down at all times and pedal was held at resistence point until nipple was fully tightened.

Might help?