What's new

Gearbox issues

Y

YazS150

Hi guys, ever since i bought the car its been difficult to put it in reverse. Does any1 else have this problem? There are times when it just will not go into reverse gear and i have to switch the car off and then put it in gear and then start it again and then reverse!! I think its getting worse as well since I had the new clutch and fly put in:eek: Any ideas would be great!! Is my gearbox on its way?? Can reverse gear be replaced on its own and is this a costly thing to have done? Sorry for all the questions I'm just looking at all angles!

F

freebird

I have the same problem, putting it into fifth then back to reverse helps a little.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yep. Select 3rd or 5th first, then reverse. Wait till you fit an uprated clutch. You'll get a left arm the size of Arnie's :p

M

Matt_S

OK, EVERY S body Ive owned (and the Primera to a lesser extent) seems to baulk a little bit, but if you raise the clutch a little, you find it drops right in.
Like I say, theyve all done it of theopnes Ive driven (which is a few now, what with all Ive owned, broken and all my mates cars).

Reaction score
The 6 speed is harder to get into reverse than the 5 speed as there is 1 extra gear crammed in there. I just give it a good wack to the right and it gets in. Its even harder if you have a short shifter fitted

Reaction score
w00 w00 fun for me to come then, i've just took delivery of my "C's" shifter...

Reaction score
Website
raduga-uk.110mb.com
When it just wont go in to reverse I find it helps to move the stick back to neutral release the clutch then try again.
The same thing worked in my last car.
The gearbox would only go in to reverse if it had been to neutral first. Sometimes it just didn't detect it properly.

As already said though.. reverse is a pain to get in to anyway :)

Russ

A

Anubis

I some times have that, but I just put it into 1st and back into rev... works a treat for the rare occasion that it doesn't want to go in.

D

david

Ye same here some times it doesnt like going in but second time around it always does.