What's new

ARGH bloody cars! LOL

Reaction score
Well, sat' day/night i noticed that i was down on boost/power, and that i was gettin REALLY bad economy....

So, this evening consisted of pulling the car apart after trying to pressureise the cooler with a compressor with no sucess.....

to discover...... A FAPPING HOLE! :(

Kinda good that i noticed it now before fitting the headgasket and new turbo, not being able to "boost it" before mapping and delivering it for mapping with a boost leak.

wasn't down on power much... probably 0.1bar, but enough for me to notice. When i took the car round to a mates where we took it apart a friend said to me "it still feels quick".... lol

The hole is on the throttle body side piping, just below the battery tray. On the big pipe with the idle bypass and BOV take off on it. it'd rubbed on the inside, against the bumper bar. I recommened people to "insulate" their piping to prevent this from happening to anyone else. :)

Reaction score
yea, the cold side of the FMIC piping.

Apex can supply a new pipe for £45 :)

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i noticed that on mine a long time ago and got it check out and sorted it out lucky mine didnt have a hole just was rubbed.....

its where the battery hole was cut so had it trimmed and fitted again and its fine now...

Reaction score
no, lower down than the battery tray, it was a bumper off jobbie to find it.

should get it sorted tomorrow! :D

Reaction score
should be sorted tomorrow.

Was gonna get it done tonight, but can't now...

sands

Reaction score
i have the same problem battery tray did mine it needs bit more taking off to clear pipe.
i was thinking bout tig welding a bit over the hole? saves on getting new pipe

Reaction score
a mates dad is incredible with a welder... so bit of alu welding tomorrow night should see the car back together and ready for an MOT this week/weekend. :)