mine will soon end up being have all the parts other than the MHG now:

Tomei manifold/turbo elbow
Blitz downpipe
HKS silent hi-power
HKS GTRS turbo
Tomei super grommet MHG
HKS EVC6 EBC
Apexi' D-jetro
All mapped together with about 1.4/1.5 bar. :)

At this stage though, you've gotta think like ming said, remember all the "little" bits you don't think of. Taking the turbo off, you've got to start thinking about braided turbo lines. Taking the head off, you've got to think of head studs. Both of which will cost roughly another £100 each.... it all adds up! If i'd not got the Tomei stuff, i'd have a new manifold/head gasket to buy and a manifold/turbo gasket. Again another £50 on top of the bill.

Reaction score
Country
Ok, so maybe ill try and find a cheap Greddy Profec Spec B II, ive got BKR7EIX plugs to go in which is 1 stop colder sho should be fine for 1.0 Bar. I just need a FMIC and a fuel pump fitted as well and then mapped at H-Dev.

I dont think Jez @ H-Dev will charge a full £350 for a re-remap if you go back again after getting bits for 1.2 Bar as the base setup will pretty much already by done so its far less work ?

Reaction score
think that's correct.

Nicely will be able to confirm, he's popped back for "refresher" maps. :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
having spoke to jez and asked him what i have to do before a remap i was told the following:-

turbo back exhaust and decat
one of his own tubular manifolds
255l/hr fuel pump
fmic
free flowing filter
greddy profec b
plugs (i have new ik22's for now which he said will be ok)

he said i will see around 300bhp with these mods and sensible boost after the remap of the standard ecu (mine is a daily driver:))

however even though he said not to worry about injectors and afm im getting them done at the same time so that in future i can continue to tune the car ie. mhg, turbo upgrade etc.

ill maybe even get the internals uprated at a later date - but at that point the car will become strictly for the garage and weekends and a sh1tter will have to be purchased:)

Reaction score
That sounds most reasonable however im not too fond of SS manifolds. Is this a must?

having spoke to jez and asked him what i have to do before a remap i was told the following:-

turbo back exhaust and decat
one of his own tubular manifolds
255l/hr fuel pump
fmic
free flowing filter
greddy profec b
plugs (i have new ik22's for now which he said will be ok)

he said i will see around 300bhp with these mods and sensible boost after the remap of the standard ecu (mine is a daily driver:))

however even though he said not to worry about injectors and afm im getting them done at the same time so that in future i can continue to tune the car ie. mhg, turbo upgrade etc.

ill maybe even get the internals uprated at a later date - but at that point the car will become strictly for the garage and weekends and a sh1tter will have to be purchased:)

Reaction score
SS manifold isn't a must... the stock ones are good for about 330bhp. But, of course Jez is gonna try sell you one of his! ;) lol

Remember what i said about swapping out manifold/turbo's.... you've got probably another £200 on gasket's, locking tab's, nuts and braided lines......

M

Matt_S

You gain top end power and potential with a SS manifold, but you lose repsonse. Its a trade off.
You can get log type cast manifolds that top mount the turbos (custom applications) but these are expensive.