What's new

APEX flywheel

Y

YazS150

APEX flywheel HELP!!!!!

I'd just like to know if anyone here has bought an APEX flywheel and how they fitted it?? My garage is saying that the standard bolts r too long for the APEX flywheel because its lighter and thinner and unsprung. I rang APEX they are having to contact the supplier to find out:confused: Is it because i'm the first person to fit one?? Anybody know where I can bolts for flywheel to crank 30mm long and 12.5mm diameter???

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, the stock bolts are too long for a single mass flywheel (dual mass is stock)

You could try using the S14 bolts, just make sure there is enough thread.:)

Y

YazS150

Yeah, the stock bolts are too long for a single mass flywheel (dual mass is stock)

You could try using the S14 bolts, just make sure there is enough thread.:)
Turns out the S14 ones r too short...will be trying S13 ones tomo!! Wish me luck!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Also, do you have to make sure the flywheel is a good match to the existing clutch so it performs correctly?

I get the impression that flywheel mods are a bit fickle and it's worth getting it just right...

Y

YazS150

Also, do you have to make sure the flywheel is a good match to the existing clutch so it performs correctly?

I get the impression that flywheel mods are a bit fickle and it's worth getting it just right...

I got brand new RPS Max Street to go with the Apex brand new flywheel....think im alrite...well I hope at least

Y

YazS150

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! FINALLLLLLLLLLYYY!!! AFTER 2 weeks of HELL and many many many phonecalls....the S15 is RETURNING!!!!! First i cudnt find any1 with a flywheel, then i found apex with a flywheel but no clutch...then i cudnt find the clutch, then apex ordered clutch to be sent directly from RPS, then the flywheel was the wrong one, then the correct flywheel came, then the bolts were too long, then we tried s14 bolts...no fit, then we tried old old s13 bolts....still too short, then we tried the late s13 bolts...YES THEY FIT!! YAAAAAAAYYY now i am getting car bak!!:thumbs:

Reaction score
Looks like I'm about to start this story. So the late as in SR20DET S13 bolts fit (do you know what length they were and if they were shouldered)? Did you also have any problems with the spigot bush (aka pilot bearing) not having anywhere to locate as the clutch sits much further away from the box?