What's new

HELP - Boot Giving Terrible Squeaking Noise

S

SS9919K

Hi All,

Need help, I've been experiencing terrible squeaking sound from behind, which im not pretty sure whether it comes from the boot or not. Especially when the road is uneven the noise will become louder. It sounds like some steel assembly frictions...

The noise very obvious produced from the rear speaker holding tray/frame area. At first I thought the sound was from the brake light casing and the rear speaker soft board tray. But they look fine after I removed them to check.

The noise is irritating and it makes me feel like driving an old junk ~arghh (sorry to say tht) ...Has any of the car owner here experienced the same problem before? I really wish to sort this out...... :(

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
if i were you i would try checking the little metal tabs at the rear of the parcel shelf as they could be rubbing on the metal where they locate. this sounds like it could be a likely culprit:)

Reaction score
Country
I think you have to get used to rattles as they are a curse in s15s... Almost all of them have a slight rattles anywhere from roofliners, doors, dash and steering wheels.

P

Pazz

I had a rattling in the boot as well. Sounded like exhuast was rattling, turned out to be the jack. You have to open out the jack to wedge it into a secure position.

G

GUEST_JDM

hey this might sound dumb guys but i kept hearing a scrape/ knock sound in ther back of my s15 found out it was just the jack boucing round lol maybe give that a try if you have not all ready

S

SS9919K

Thank you guys very much for the replies,

DeanS15 - I just went to have a peep, yes there's a metal plate with 4 screws, let me check first.

Ichi-go - Yupe, my dash and steering wheels do rattle a bit. But the steering wheel i managed to overcome it by placing a piece of thick tape between the gap.

Pazz & Guess JDM - Had a quick checked the on jack, and yes it's giving me a squeaking sound. Most probably the stupid jack. It's not bouncing, it was tightly compressed to the jack holder but still giving funny sound. I've temporary removed the jack from the holder. Hopefully the jack is the culprit... I'll test drive after this

Auss15 - Im still using a stock....

Let me investigate and let u guys know the outcome... Thanks for the help suggestions!!