Two Level Boost

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
What does the BOV boost pipe come off? It'll probably be fine. You should try to make it as close to the turbo is possible, as the reading will be more accurate. As you are controlling the turbo's boost, the more accurate the reading coming out of the turbo, the better. The longer the hoses, the more likely the spiking...

The stock boost guage sensor Ts into the stock recirc boost hose IIRC.

S

S15R

Can anyone post up pics where the Stock boost gauge sensor Ts into?

I want to T it into any tube that i can get pressure after the T/B :D

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
What does the BOV boost pipe come off? It'll probably be fine. You should try to make it as close to the turbo is possible, as the reading will be more accurate. As you are controlling the turbo's boost, the more accurate the reading coming out of the turbo, the better. The longer the hoses, the more likely the spiking...

The stock boost guage sensor Ts into the stock recirc boost hose IIRC.
Nicely might have missed it but where are you pulling your boost controller feed from? I had mine running from a welded nipple on the hotpipe.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Could it be spiking because of the lenght of hose between the actuator and boost solenoid?
My solenoid is mounted in a different location and the hose between the solenoid and actuator is shorter than yours.

I've read that the most important hose to keep short is this one.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Ahhhhhhhh! I'm not going over all this again. :rolleyes:

My boost hoses are now actually shorter than in the photo. It is physically impossible to get them any shorter without putting in a single hose and taking the solenoid out...

D

Derek

My boost setup is very similar to Nicelys and i'm having no problems. Holding a steading .75 bar. I have my sbc set to manual.I'll check my setting again. I think there 40 and 10 gain..

S

S15R

mine current setting is SET 50 and GAIN 10 = peak at 0.78kg/cm2 but not sure what the real boost setting is, i think it had spikes thats why i felt the boost backed off

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country

NO MORE FOOKING SPIKING!!!!

Fitted the HKS EBV 5 over the weekend and tried it out this morning. After a couple of adjustments to get the right level, it held rock solid boost of 1.1 bar on one channel and 1.18 on another :notworthy:

Quite impressed with the EBV 5. By far the easiest to fit compared to the AVC-R and SBC i-D3. The only difficulty is that you struggle to get the 1 metre boost read hose to reach a take-off after the throttle body (as per the instructions). In fact, you can't, without T'ing into an extension.

Its also the first EBC I've had which hasn't required a duty or gain setting. You just dial-up the boost you want IN ADDITION to the stock boost provided by the actuator.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:

Fitted the HKS EBV 5 over the weekend and tried it out this morning. After a couple of adjustments to get the right level, it held rock solid boost of 1.1 bar on one channel and 1.18 on another :notworthy:

Quite impressed with the EBV 5. By far the easiest to fit compared to the AVC-R and SBC i-D3. The only difficulty is that you struggle to get the 1 metre boost read hose to reach a take-off after the throttle body (as per the instructions). In fact, you can't, without T'ing into an extension.

Its also the first EBC I've had which hasn't required a duty or gain setting. You just dial-up the boost you want IN ADDITION to the stock boost provided by the actuator.
Great :thumbs:
Although i think i'll wait for the new HKS EVC before thinking about upgrading :p

S

S15R

hmmm too many features(mini ECU lol) and i guess its diffcult to set too

Nicely, tell us more about the HKS EVC comparing to Blitz ID-3 :D

M

Meddy

Nicely said:

:D Cool. I told you the HKs controllers are the nuts. :thumbs:

Not as much user definable bollocks as a lot of the other stuff out there, but they all even the old models do exactly what they are designed to which is to hold rock steady boost. I wouldnt have any other brand of EBC.

EDIT: Who's doing them at ?255?