What's new

My Small Upgrades

Reaction score
Well I was suppose to be doing bigger upgrades to my S15, namely a turbo upgrade but some things came up that almost made me have to sell my car so instead I got the turbo setup sold and I can afford to just get by keeping my pride and joy. I still had some small items that I needed to install that I decided to do same time as the car was down for an oil leak.

I replaced the rear main seal which was a bitch to get to, just me my friend and two jack stands was enough to get that done. Same time I decided to do some upgrades to the engine bay area. I installed the two year old Greddy Catchcan with the help of you'll (thanks Nicely for the photos), I upgraded the fuel pump (thanks again Nicely for the walkthrough), I upgraded my intercooler and piping (Greddy Piping, Hotpipe and Blitz intercooler, upgraded my BOV (HKS SSQV with recirculated fitting and yes it was recirculated), Koyo Radiator (Drop in and works great), Lightened water pump and alternator pulleys (I think the wrong power Steering pump pulley was sent as it is a three groove and I need a four groove to match the crank), upgraded all vacuum line to new silicone lines with all new tie straps and clamp where needed, painted my valve cover with a Duplicolor Red, looked alright for a DIYer, Greddy Intake with Apexi Air Filter. I am contemplating using my Greddy Intake manifold on the S15 and buying the new Greddy for my project S14.5 build. Yeah I have a project car that is why I wanted to sell the S15 as I can't keep upgrading both, but hopefully things go according to plan and I can have both of them.

Things still to do are to relocate the washer bottle in the wheel well. Right now it is touching the coldpipe so I have already removed the battery tray and also the L bracket that holds the washer bottle, and I am going to be rotating the bottle as it can fit pretty snug without touching the pipe if rotated. Other than that I need to install my Oil Filter Relocator but at the same time I want to get an oil cooler so I will wait till funds become available and get that and install both. I also have my Defis to install, along with some other suspension bits. One question in regards the defis, has anyone installed them on top of the dashboard? I am a bit bothered installing them on the dash but I need my A/C vents as my climate is really hot. I have a three gauge dash pod but it needs to be screwed to the dash along with adhesive, I was thinking to get the DIN setup but I got these for a steal. Anyone have any pics on the dash, not in? Also, I am going to be using two driver side a-pillars and cutting both and making a double pillar pod that will clip in and fit in the stock location. Should be fun, pics to follow.

Last edited: