What's new

new fuel pump

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i just recieved my 255ltr/h fuel pump from horsham developments and cant believe how tiny they are - from pictures i'd seen i was expecting it to be about the size of a beer can but its weeny!

i've looked at nicelys guide and it looks pretty straight forward - are there any other precautions i should take when fitting - i'll tackle any job on my cars but theres something about working in the fuel tank im wary of - namely petrol and explosive fumes:)

any suggestions?

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
dont smoke keep ur fone away aswell
disconnect battery terminals....

its just takes some time and being carefull even i done it myself.....

iam sure u will be fine just go with nicelys write up the hardest bit is the clip inside the tank where u have to becareful and pull it out.... but u will understand when u do it...

J

JDM JUNKIE

It's a pretty staight forward mod... just be careful not to drop anything in the tank and to make sure you sit the rubber gasket properly when you bolt on the cover. Oh and the last time I did one I had half a tank of gas I don't know if that helped but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

P

Paddy

The jull.co.uk walk through is very good. If thats the one you read, you should have no bother.
Its easier with less than 1/4 tank petrol and be carefull with the fuel strainer, they can be fragile.
Common sense things too - dont smoke, mobile phone off, have a fire extingusher near by, well well ventilated area -doors/boot open.
Also some sort of hammer and chissel arrangement for opening/closing the F/P retaining ring.
Paddy

Last edited:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
oh one more thing some plastic lineing or bin liner u will get some fuel in the boot oh and when u put the lip back on u need to do it tight up otherwise it will stink of petrol......

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
ok thanks guys, looks like this can wait till the beginning of next week when i've used more petrol, at the moment im on 3/4 of a tank and my drives on a slope so dont want it being too full.

G

gunner93

With twice the pumping rate, its a good practise to top up fuel everytime your fuel gauge drops down to a quarter level. I had my fuels lights blinking during hard sprints as g-force pulls the fuel back and will risk the Walbro pumping air instead. Thats real bad news.

Welcome to the world of whinning fuel pumps.

Last edited: