What's new

What are s15 spec s's like service wise?

I

ilogik

Just wondering the sort of cost involved in maintaining one, engine wise they share the same sr20de as the s14? Anyone know good part supplier in the UK?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its the same engine and brakes that were in the P11E Primera GT and Almera GTi, so parts will be readily available in the UK (if you prefer to pay 2-3x more than the Jap prices). Other mechanicals will be S14. Body and trim are S15 specific.

I

ilogik

ahh sounds good, for example what sort of price would you look at for new brakes ect for it? How hard are they to work on? Coming from an MR2 with an engine created for stretch arm strong with midget hands.

My other question is how economical are the spec s's. Do they munch fuel, and finally can you import a spec S manual, as I have only ever seen Auto's.

Is sva different for the manuals?

and once again thanks for the help.

M

Matt_S

There has been a Spec S Manual SVAd sop thats a possibility.

Fairly easy to work on. Fuel and Oil filters can be a pain the first time. Then you learn how to resist pain :wack:
Std tune I dont know, but my 350bhp S15 with a full ECU/parts etc and remap is more economicla than my 280bhp S14 running an SAFCII.
Brakes? Easy to do and easy to gte hold of. Look to pay about £80 a disc for half decent quality and the same for front pads.