What's new

Wheel Alignment

Y

YazS150

Hi guys, Im going to have my wheels aligned and balanced tomo as the steering is shaking like mad. I'm just wondering if there is some kind of fast road setup i should have done...rather than just dead strait....i.e. on the civic type r the back ends r quite twitchy so we set the camber to -1.2 degrees all round with +0.5 toe rear and -0.5 toe front...this allows for quicker turn in and the back end is MUCH MUCH harder to get out...so round roundabouts it stays planted!! Cheers guys!!

Y

YazS150

Cheers Nicely!!! WHERE WUD THIS FORUM BE WITHOUT U!!!:thumbs: U may remove my thread:eek:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Something to think about regarding the whiteline settings.
They might have been tested out with solid bushes. The place where i got my alignment done added a tiny tiny tiny bit of toe in the front so that the car wouldn't feel unsettled when braking hard from high speeds.

They explaned it quite well too.
With regular bushes the front wheels are pushed back under heavy braking creating a small amount of toe out and might cause the car to feel unsettled.

P

Pazz

Steering is shaking???? That will be wheel balancing.

There would have to be some crazy alignment to produce shaking.

Alignment requires the adjustable arms/front topmounts ofcourse.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The steering can be put out very easily if you've kerbed it or given the wheels a violent impact of some sort.

M

Matt_S

Just had mine aligned at the weekend. WOW! What a difference! Didnt manage to get the camber as flat as I wanted on the std camber arms, but hey ho. Set it up with a little bit of toe-in all round for a bit more precision on turn in (all those years of dicking about drifting may have helped after all in set up LOL!)
Well worth the money :)

M

Matt_S

I got it done at Supertyres in Maldon mate. Price depends on what you need adjusting.

Reaction score
Went to Elite last weekend and they are very resonable with their price and know exactly what they are doing.. I will recommend them....

no appoinment needed, as they have 4 ramps with very modern alignemnt machine...

M

Matt_S

Put it this way, I was so impressed with the price I gave them a 10% tip!

They seemed shocked! LOL

But when I know what some places charge and what they quoted me on the phone, I was really happy to do so when he told me the amount I owed for the work (which also included fitting/balancing two new tyres on the rear and a rebalance on one of the fronts).

:thumbs: