What's new

Quick Question Carbon Canister Removal

Reaction score
Okay I removed the canister and have a couple mof questions. I looped the line below the canister to the breather from the fuel tank. On the S15 there is a line from the canister to to a unit on the top-left hand side of the radiator and then one from the unit to the intake manifold. My question is do I remove the unit totally and blank off the vacuum on the intake manifold or do I block the line from the canister to the unit and leave everything as is? Pics would be helpful as well. Urgent help please I wanna start my car tomorrow.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Right. The two metal pipes left after removing the canister should be joined together with a new hose. The narrow hose going from the little rad valve to the canister should be cut and blocked. Nothing else needs doing.

If you want to remove the valve, you need to block the feed to it from the plenum. Alternatively, fit a new hose and use it for something else :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've done the same thing as Nicely shows on his pics.
Been running fine fro the alst 3 years and never had a problem with emissions :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It was causing too much obstruction, so I ripped it out. Something I'll be glad I did when I get round to sticking my twin fans and controller on :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
heyb nicely where abouts did you get your cusco tank? ive seen them in a few places but since forgotten:rolleyes:, also did it come with the braided breather lines or did you add them yourself?

Reaction score
Got through with it, will take some pics of the finished engine bay and some progress on my car as well.

Reaction score
Okay I got it installed but I am having a small problem hopefully, when I start the car the hose that goes to the valve cover collapses as in gets sucked flat. The one going to the intake is normal. After that I get a hissing sound from the catchcan due to the air passing through the flattened hose. What could be causing this?