Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Any recommendations?
My clutch has started to slip in 5th gear.

Looked at the perfectrun website and spotted these two which would suite my S15. Seems to take similar spec. Coppermix (380ps) is a little more expensive.

Coppermix spring pressure is 7846 (800) N (Kgf)
Sports clutch kit spring pressure is 7845 (800) N (kgf)

Which one should I consider most?

http://www.perfectrun.com.au/real_size_image/drivetrain/racing_cluch/NismoSportsclutchkit.htm

http://www.perfectrun.com.au/performance parts/drive train/racingclutch/NismoSupercoppermix.htm

Reaction score
The Nismo copper mix is the better clutch. It will handle more power and will last longer than the sport(organic), particularly if you a running 200 +Kw:)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
As has been mentioned before though, its quite noisy when run with the matching flywheel. I run one and its excellent :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
ok.

But will it be worth the extra dough?
I'm not planning to up the power on the S15 more than that I have today which is about 180rwkw.

I'm just looking to get something a tiny bit better than stock.

pretty bad timing to have the clutch go now as I've just bought an RX-7 :wack: and is feeling pretty low on cash for the moment.

But I guess I could use it for cheap freight if I dare to wait 30-50 days for it.

How much time would a mechanic need to change it?

Reaction score
id go for the coppermix to be honest, havent heard a bad thing about them. If you ever did decide to go for extra power you know it will cope with it. Id spend the little bit extra just for piece of mind. The clutch usually takes around 2 hours all in.

P

Pazz

There are two types of coppermix (as shown on perfectrun) and the one that takes more power is considered louder than the other.

But Yako is considering the lower output, so unsure as to how loud(er) it will be.

Reaction score
Mates,

Are these clutches much more heavier than the stock unit? Is it suited for daily drive?