What's new

What Next Before R/Road Tune

P

Paul D

Im going to be getting my car tuned in the next few months and im not sure if i have all the mods needed first.

The tuning place said they can tune my car to run at 1.2bar safely with around 320-340bhp on simple mods for example, exhaust, fmic etc.

Below is the list of mods i've done but can you tell me if i need anything else first to get around those figures safely?

Apexi intake,
Autobahn88 FMIC,
THS elbow and front pipe,
Decat,
Unknown 3inch cat back (changing to hks silent or trust peII soon,
HKS EVC,
Greddy Emanage blue with both harnesses,
greddy boost map sensor,
Standard bov modded,

Think thats it.

Reaction score
Country
z32AFM, bigger injectors and fuel pump.

got to be able to feed the engine with the basics 'fuel and air', any restrictions on these your either gonna go to lean or too rich

you should be hitting under 300bhp realisticly.

B

baynz

i beleav the standard recirc leaks at 1 bar. so depending on how u mean its modded and wether it will cope with the 1.2 bar. you may need a new bov.

P

Paul D

I thought when reading other posts that i would need a few more bits the mod i done to the bov was to block a hole inside and seal it and its meant to stop it leaking.
i got the how to off the sxoc

Reaction score
Country
the standard BOV will only hold pressure up to 1bar which is it limit only way to fit it is replace it with aftermarket.

if you try to run higher boost say 1.2 it will leak and your turbo will compensate this by spining harder which is bad as it will be running over its effecincy rate. another word you will kill the turbo.

have not heard of any mods to fix this.

P

Paul D

Or right i'l search for the link. I want to get everything sorted first for these reasond so thanks for helping

Reaction score
Country
hummm.. sounds interesting. well if your happy that its stops the leak. then it should be fine for 1.2bar, but have personaly not tryed this so can't really comment.

if you dont already have a bigger fuel pump and bigger injectors i would get this done first.
Also a Z32 AFM as your gonna be running the standard one very close to its limit. and especially at 1.2bar.

G

gunner93

Dont ignore cooling systems too. Be careful with increased temp and knock reading due to higher boost. Get colder plugs and get some surface tension reducer in replacement of normal coolant. Better still upgrade to a bigger alu radiator with bigger fan or oil cooler. Also a vent on top of your bonnet helps as well. SRs are very susceptible to high RPM temp creep with higher boost.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
totally agree... SR really does heat up at high RPM's ever since i fixed my boost creep ive been seening more of the top end of the revs and running 1.3bar it really does heat up... more cooling mods for me :)

P

Paul D

Thanks for that i now know which path to take before the tune :thumbs: