What's new

S15 Fuel systems

G

GUEST_JDM

looking to upgrade my fuel pump before i get the car tuned just wondering what size the standard fuel pump is, n what you guys would sugest in terms of a fuel pump im after one that is not heard on idle or is not very noisy at all, also any one know standard injector size for jap spec s15's too cheers guys jared

J

JDM JUNKIE

The stock fuel pump flow rate is 136 liters per hour. HKS, Nismo, and Tomei all make pumps around 250 L/h and sell for the same price. As far as noise if you keep your rear seats and sound deadening you should be OK. The JDM injector size is 480cc

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
with the uprated fuel pumps, as far as i'm aware their all relatively loud. you can hear them when standing next to the car but not when driving.

Reaction score
i never really notice mine.

i've got a walbro fitted, and it's certainly not loud enough to even bother me. i forget it's even uprated!

F

Fro-Daddy

The Bosch 040 seems to be a little more popular in Oz...I think I will go Nismo or Tomei in mine...

J

JDM JUNKIE

All the ones I mentioned are in-tank. Bosch makes both in-line and in-tank, and I think the same goes for Walbro but I can't remember for sure.

G

GUEST_JDM

Yes:nod:

I have the Walbro and the only time I hear it is when its primming at start up

Get a decent 3" turbo back exhaust, pod filter and dump valve and you won't hear it:D:D

Got all that all ready lol cars way to loud:D could be the lack of mufflers maybe?? lol

K

kazama

you guys are complaining about the fuel pump whine, but I f**king love it !

I'm swapping my Walbro for a Bosch 044 very soon.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
you can send my your walbro if you are going to throw it out :p After the suspension, that is my next mod.

Reaction score
I have a Nismo pump and although it's noticeable from the outside, inside the car is no problem (especially if you have a aftermarket exhaust and stereo to drown it out).

The sound is not that loud and shouldn't bother you.

G

GUEST_JDM

cheers guys for all the info ive ordered a walbro for 150 (aus) should cut the mustard or so to speak lol

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
hey Guest, did you get it off ebay?