What's new

Front Wheel Bearings

Reaction score
Do you know what type of grease I need when installing the bearings?

Reaction score
In the service manual it states that the torque should be 152-210 ft-lb. What does this mean? That i can have the torque anywhere between this range?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
yep. That is the specified torque range. I always go towards the larger number when I am torquing bolts. For that torque range, I would set the torque wrench to about 200ft-lb.

Reaction score
Well gave it a shot today and the fronts were oh so easy. Had them done in about two hours. Annoying thing however was that the bearings didnt even need replacing. The screeching noise coming from the left side was due to loose suspension parts. The locking ring on the coilover was loose hence the strut had some play in it. I only noticed this after replacing the bearing. Its turned out to be an expensive avoidable job but s**t happens (alot.... to me!!). So ill be selling the fronts if anyone wants them.

Anyway i moved on to the rears following Nicely's guide and those nuts holding the bearings are quite difficult to remove. Got there in the end though however when I used the hub puller to remove the hub and bearing assembly, this happened!! How on earth am I supposed to remove the silver piece from the bearing assembly off of the hub? Also how do I press the new ones in? Help!!

G

gunner93

Looks like you've taken one step extra to knock out the bearing which I've been told is not necessary. You will need to pump it back into place and definately need a special clamping tool for this. At least the grease is clean. Mine was black!

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
bump.. im away to do this to my car as iv also developed a rather noisy metal sounding "WUB WUB WUB" when turning to the left.

Another job to get done in the winter months ;)