What's new

Rear bumper query, Possibly been nudged?

J

just_laze

Hello guys,

Could someone please confirm if the boot should hang slightly over the rear bumper as seen in this photo or does this indicate that someone has hit the rear of my car pushing the bumper forward so it no longer sits level with the boot.

Also, I would be very grateful if someone could take a similar photo to mine to confirm or discredit my suspicions.

laze.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I think mine is the same as that, the slightest of overhangs. Someone else who has the car with them may be able to confirm.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yeh its like that....but i will take a pic now for ya :D
here you go...

mine even been pushed in and then repaired and pushed back out a bit....

J

just_laze

That's rubbish, come on Nissan attention to detail ;-) ... the irony being i have owned my car for months and didn't notice it.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
anyway mate how the car going done anything since i saw u last time?? hope things are going well

J

just_laze

I haven't done anything to the car, shortly after seeing you i met a brick wall when re-negotiating my contract at the BBC, in the end we couldn't come to an agreement for a new contract and i left.

Since then i've been a very naughty boy and haven't got off my arse to find another job with an equivalent or greater salary, so as a result, i don't have the cash to make the changes to my car that i'd planned.

Hopefully by the beginning of March i will have a new contract or a permanent position so i can begin work on my car ready for July/August, in a worst case scenario i will have to wait until next summer but that would be absolutely gutting.

I hope your car is still running well and that you've managed to avoid the careless drivers who seems attracted to your shiny white beauty :).

Sorry i haven't been active on the forums, believe it or not, even being unemployed i struggle to find the time. I will try and give a bit of advice here and there but the majority of people who are member possess greater knowledge than i do, heh.

You should let me know when you next plan to attend the MK meet and i will see if i can come along, it'd be good to have a chat again.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
just_laze said:
That's rubbish, come on Nissan attention to detail ;-) ... .
Reason for the step is as shown in my sketch: -

If it was level there is a chance the water would get into the boot area, the step is to ensure this doesnt happen. Same idea with the roof tiles on your house :nod:

P

Project S15

Actually My boot has been nudged by some tossa and the boot lid has slighty bent.
Now the problem is... If i close the boot lid, it slams and makes contact with the rear bumper bit (since they are in alignment)
and what?... THE PAINT PEELS! so there you go... obviously nissan thought about it :thumbs: