What's new

Carbon Canister

Reaction score
Country
I know it's for emission. I want to remove mine. What are the steps?

Two goes to the manifold and one goes to the pipe in the passenger side which I was told leads to the fuel tank.

The two that goes to the manifold can be sorted with blocking it with screws but what about the one that goes the the fuel tank?

Anyone has removed theirs shed some light?

Reaction score
Essentially if you strip it all off you should be left with 2 pipes on the air intake side wich just need some vacum pipe to connect together! You'll see what i mean when you strip it all off!

G

GUEST_JDM

the sensor for the ash canister on the left hand side on top of the radiator removing that doesn't cause any damage casue i broke mine and just took it off lol

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its fairly common for people to remove them. I've been running without one ever since I needed the space for my catch tank :p

Reaction score
Country
^^ That's the main reason I wanna take it out, wanna put a catch can there.

What did you do with the pipe that runs to the fuel tank as s15 only has one pipe to the fuel tank unlike s14 which has two and can be redirected? Hmmm

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nicely can you post pics of your removal of the canister? I understand the canister side where you route back the fuel breather to the bottom piping to vent but what about the side by the throttle, which ones are blocked off and which lines are used for BOV and what do I do with the electrical unit located on the side of the radiator seeing that all those lines do not plug into it anymore on the S15? Some pics will really help me out as I would like to do this today. I saw the pics on the canister side which is easy but the other side by the intake I am at a loss for.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The hose from the plenum goes to the little sensor on the rad. There is a one-way valve in the hose. It is believed that the sensor controls boost flow to the canister which works accordingly. This function used to be all-in-one on the S14 canisters. The sensor isn't present on the ADM model S15s.

All I did was cut and block the line from the sensor to the canister. I kept the sensor in place.

Reaction score
Does it matter which one of the hard lines I use from the intake mani, I am tihnking not though.

Reaction score
Anyone got pics of how they are connected, actual pics of it not the manual.