What's new

Will these wheels fit ? (Part2)

V

vrtx

I got another wheel question.
I'm looking for driftwheels and i found a used set of 17"x7" with 55 offset.
To me this sounds alot, but would it be any problem to used the wheels?
The wheels will only be mounted on the rear of the car, not front. Should i use spacers? if yes, how big?

Thanks!:)

Reaction score
Country
I recommend you not to buy it as it is way too narrow to fit any decent tyres. 7" with +55 is probably for fwd cars.

It would almost look as if u fitted larger stock wheels and I think the stock wheels are +45 so +55 would be ridiculous. Even with spacer, u need like 20mm spacer or above to look decent

V

vrtx

I recommend you not to buy it as it is way too narrow to fit any decent tyres. 7" with +55 is probably for fwd cars.

It would almost look as if u fitted larger stock wheels and I think the stock wheels are +45 so +55 would be ridiculous. Even with spacer, u need like 20mm spacer or above to look decent
If the stock wheels are +45 i dont see the problem with +55 and a 20mm spacer? wouldnt it stick further out than a stock wheel? thats not ridiculous... 225/45 will fit the 7" wheel just fine. Remember its a driftcar, not a road/showcar.

Reaction score
Country
I personally wouldnt like the idea of using such large spacers on a car being used for drifting due to the extra stress put on the hub and the studs (which need to be 20mm longer).

Also wouldnt you want a wider tyre on the front to get as much turn in grip as possible ?

Reaction score
If the stock wheels are +45 i dont see the problem with +55 and a 20mm spacer? wouldnt it stick further out than a stock wheel? thats not ridiculous... 225/45 will fit the 7" wheel just fine. Remember its a driftcar, not a road/showcar.
Because the stock rims are too narrow for the car anyway and +55 will bring them in even further than stock...

Its not about getting the slimmest wheels to save money on tyres coz your burning them up

your gunna be wanted some grip there aswell... i'd be looking for 8.5 to 9 wide for difting on with +30 offset :thumbs:

V

vrtx

Thanks Channie :)
Will order some rims today.

What is the diameter on centerhole?

Reaction score
Country
Not sure on centre bore size but it doesnt matter as you just get spigot rings to fill the recess betwen wheel bore hole and hub.

V

vrtx

Okay guys i will not buy those rims :no:

Talked to a wheel-dealership today, they had some wheels for my s15.
17x8 +22 and 17x9 +28. What whould i go for? the 8" or the 9" ?

P

Pazz

Offsets are now at the other end of the scale of being a bit low = wheels stick out further.

17x9 would be a problem on the back end unless you added fenders or rolled arches. Offset calculator says they would extend an extra 49mm.

17x8 +22 I would think would need arch work on the front.

I suggest you read the guide on this forum about choosing wheels and see what others have had and how this has worked for them.

Reaction score
17x8 +22 on the front will need some neg camber to pull them under stock arches...
17x9 +28 on the back will need arch rolling for sure... i was getting rubbing on 17x9+38

V

vrtx

Offsets are now at the other end of the scale of being a bit low = wheels stick out further.

17x9 would be a problem on the back end unless you added fenders or rolled arches. Offset calculator says they would extend an extra 49mm.

17x8 +22 I would think would need arch work on the front.

I suggest you read the guide on this forum about choosing wheels and see what others have had and how this has worked for them.
Yes i know, preffered offsett would be +30-35 but the dealership said it would fit if i rolled my arches. He suggested the 17x8 +22. So with a little negative camber and rolled arches it would fit? I will read the guide, thanks :)
These wheels will only be mounted on the REAR of the car, NOT front!

Reaction score
Country
Those offset will fit with rolled guards and negative camber.

Everyone's definition of flush is different so it's hard to say

T

tripleJs15

I'm running 18x10 +38 in the back lowered with no issues, and sits flush. I plan on rolling the guards and dropping another inch or two soon.