What's new

Brembo GTR Front Brakes

P

Pazz

Just wondered what people paid for a front set including bolts+discs+pads etc.

Just post which ones R32/33/34 etc and the condition...

They seem to range in price by quite a bit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i paid £480 for front calipers, discs, DS2500 pads...... and rear calipers, discs and pads. R33 :)

P

Pazz

:eek:

Person I'm chattin with on GTRoc wants £500 for just a front set with discs + new pads. Think I'll tell him where to go and stick it.

Reaction score
to be fair, i think i managed to get mine for an extremely good price. so, do expect to pay more than i did for mine....

but, bargin's can be got!

Reaction score
I paid £670 for R33 brembos front and rear, discs front and rear, Project mu hc+ pads front and rear, rear handbrake mech and gtr BMC...
Keep an eye on ebay for best deals!

G

gunner93

Nicely,

Whats is this wheel weights? First time I'm hearing it :confused:

"The 315mm kit can fit under standard wheels but require the wheel weights to be relocated to the out side lip on the rim"

Reaction score
Nicely,

Whats is this wheel weights? First time I'm hearing it :confused:

"The 315mm kit can fit under standard wheels but require the wheel weights to be relocated to the out side lip on the rim"
When you have new tyres put on the car you see them put them in a machine and spin the wheels.. then they add little stick on wheights to balance the wheels... like little blocks of choclate but break your teeth if you chew them!

G

gunner93

When you have new tyres put on the car you see them put them in a machine and spin the wheels.. then they add little stick on wheights to balance the wheels... like little blocks of choclate but break your teeth if you chew them!
Oh yes of course that wheel weights.

Btw can our stock 4-pots fit 330mm rotor?

Reaction score
Havnt seen a 330 kit... have seen a 324 kit on stock calipers with new brackets... its part of the apex big disc conversion

G

gunner93

Thanks. I have my rears converted to R32. If my math is correct, I should upsize the front rotors to 330-ish to restore the brake bias yes?

P

Pazz

Well, I always love my bargains and not really in a rush so will hang around for a bit and see what comes up. But I think £500 for just the fronts is a bit steep.

Reaction score
Thanks. I have my rears converted to R32. If my math is correct, I should upsize the front rotors to 330-ish to restore the brake bias yes?
What size does the R32s run..

Iknow the R33 gtr brembos run 324 up front and 296 on back

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Well, I always love my bargains and not really in a rush so will hang around for a bit and see what comes up. But I think £500 for just the fronts is a bit steep.
Its the price you pay to have 'Brembo' painted on them.As I've said many times, the standard four pots are very capable, but are restricted by the size of disk they will fit on. I run R32GTR front callipers ground smooth, painted and fitted on 345mm Brembo AMG disks with larger Aston pads. Cost about half the price of GTR Brembos and much easier to come by.

P

Paul2x

Its the price you pay to have 'Brembo' painted on them.
Sorry but have to dissagree with this. You are correct saying the OE calipers are very caipable and with larger rotors even more so. But!, Brembo's or any other caliper that is designed to run on a larger rotor has properly proportioned piston sizes and other atributes that allow it to maximize braking for that given size rotor. They can produce more breaking force and apply it more evenly and consistant than the OE S15 calipers given the larger rotors.

A good friend of mine is a engineer over at StopTech and this is how he explaned it to me.

If you got the extra $$, get the brembo's or a complete bbk.

just my 2 cents. =)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I hear what you're saying, however, that is only really going to come into its own in something like a track situation, not everyday on-road driving. For the typical application scenario, the additional cost of the Brembo, Wilwoods, etc. simply isn't worth it compared to the cost of utilising the standard callipers/R32GTR/R33GTS calliper with bigger discs.

P

Pazz

Paul2x's S15 only does track! :cool:

But.... Bargains can be had!!!!! Didnt take long either. £475 inc courier for a complete set with discs and stock pads. And they look in awesome condition. Chap just wanted rid of them.

Unfortunately I need to source some R33 caliper bolts. However the cookmeister (cookie) over on SXOC has pointed me in the right direction.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Paul2x's S15 only does track! :cool:

But.... Bargains can be had!!!!! Didnt take long either. £475 inc courier for a complete set with discs and stock pads. And they look in awesome condition. Chap just wanted rid of them.

Unfortunately I need to source some R33 caliper bolts. However the cookmeister (cookie) over on SXOC has pointed me in the right direction.
If you have any problem getting the bolts giv me a shout there is a great nuts and bolts place down here that i got mine from :thumbs:

P

Pazz

Were they a perfect fit - length wise etc? I'm gonna try abbey motorsport around £5ver each unless they have some second hands one lying around.