What's new

Brembo GTR Front Brakes

P

Pazz

A bit of good news. While the chap was packaging up the calipers he found a complete set of caliper bolts tucked in a bit of bubble wrap :D

J

juice_s15

if anyone finds another set of BREMBO r33gtr front and rear brakes/calipers, give me a shout please

Y

YazS150

Hi guys...im quite happy with the standard brakes....i will just change discs and put uprated pads with high performance fluid and braided hoses...thats wot i did with the ctr and it was SPOT ON.....no fade and always firm. Just wanted to know if I could have the calipers refurbed or rebuilt some where??? any ideas plz let me know guys!! cheers!

Reaction score
i've got some rear brembo's forsale..... inc' backing plate/handbrake mech'. :)

come with ferodo DS2500's.

M

Matt_S

What wheels size and offset will work on the front with Brembos ?
There isnt a 'default' size/width/offset that works. It all depends on the wheel design. Std R33 GTR wheels are 9 x17 ET30. But the spokes are slightly bowed, allowing good brake caliper clearance.

T

tripleJs15

Planning on getting 18x10 (R) and 18x8.5/9 (F) not sure what would be the best offset without major fender mod or overfenders.

M

Matt_S

Have a look at DarrenS15's sizes and offsets. Thats about as low an offset you can go with the std arch - but he still gets rubbing etc on the liner.

P

Pazz

I wouldnt think the issue would be the calipers fitting, more the wheel in the arch fitting.

I have 8" ET36 on the front and the wheels are closer to the front strut then the caliper. So I wouldnt think it would be a problem in terms of fitting over the caliper.