What's new

Rear screen washer

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Hi, I dont seem to be able to get any fluid through my rear washer. Is it fed from the front? Info on how it works would help as its due for an MOT next week. Thanks, Keith

G

gunner93

Should be from the front bottle. However I'm more incline to put it for better use by "T" off the tube and route it to the FMIC and use it as water spray on the intercooler instead. I'm convinced it will regain 5 hp lost on a hot day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Is it a MOT requirement ? Would have thought only the fronts are required for an MOT seeing as many cars dont even have a rear washer.

S15_Spec_R

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Is it a MOT requirement ? Would have thought only the fronts are required for an MOT seeing as many cars dont even have a rear washer.
I thought that if you have the wiper there it has to be fully functional to pass the mot but I'm not sure. Just wondered if the front reservoir pumped to the rear or whether there was a seperate one in the rear somewhere. If its not an mot requirement then I might see wat happens after Gunner's suggestion.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
If my memory doesn't fail me I think there are 2 pumps on the front washer bottle. So one should be for the fronts and one for the rear.

I have never use my rear washer (only wiper when reversing in heavy rain.) so I don't even know which button will make it spray lol

G

gunner93

The idea of intercooler/radiator water spray came up after seeing my water temp rise up to 95-ish deg C at prolong high RPM. A weakness the SR is notoriously known for as heat rise up real fast on stock radiator. This is especially worrying in a hot country like mine - more so on the track with temp measuring up to 40deg C.

Reaction score
Both washers jets are controlled by the pumps at the front on the water bottle on the drivers side...
I believe if you have a rear wiper you need a washer jet for it... if you cant get it to work then remove the rear wiper... just dont break your rear window!!!