What's new

turbo hesitating

Reaction score
hi, i just turbocharged, tune and broke in my s15 sr20de.
the problem i have is, when shifting from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th the turbo is hesitating. it boosts instantly as it should up to 5psi and after a second to 15psi. also, after shifting and hit the gas pedal it takes it a second or so toaccelerate. i have a turbo xs manual boost controller and standard sr20de afm. is any of these causing the problem?

Reaction score
They SR20de AFM could be the problem as its not allowing anough air to get to the turbo. Do you have a dump valve fitted?

Reaction score
i have je pistons, eagle rods (cr 8.5:1), hks bov, fmic, turbo xs mbc, walbro fuel pump, top fuel turbo timer, greddy e-manage ultimate+pressure sensor, cometic head gasket, deatchwerks 550cc injectors, garrett gt28 turbo, arp head studs, 19 row oil cooler, d2 8piston calipers and rotors, megan racing exhaust manifold, link pipe, hks muffler, act heavy duty pressure plate an six puk disk, hellical lsd from a spec r, 4.11 ring and pinion, turbo oil and water lines, lightweight circuit sports pulleys, power enterprise kevlar belts, front and rear strut braces, apexi air filter

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You've got all that but still got the SR20DE AFM?! You should be running a Z32 with that setup... :eek:

Reaction score
when i first become a member and asked if i should change the afm a lot of guys told me that mine would be alrightso i didn't changed it. will i need a new tuning if i change it?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I don't think anyone made the link between your thread asking about the AFM mapping and the one where you listed what you were doing to the engine. The SR20DE AFM would have been OK for a standard SR20DET, but not for a highly modified one.

Yes, if you fit the Z32 (what I'd recommend) you'll need a new mapping.

Reaction score
Even the standard SR20det AFM will do a better job than the NA unit.

Remember you have put a compressor on you motor, it needs more air than NA:nod:

A tune is mandatory as you are changing you AFR's

Reaction score
i did tune it but with the standard afm. i have to find a z32 one and retune it. i just hope tha this will solve my problem.