Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Well, I did one of these on Saturday. :eek:

Looking at the instructions (admittedly in Jap), it looked a piece of piss. On the whole, it was. Its only when it comes to taking the wiring out on the motor unit and putting it into the new one that it gets tricky.

The wiring for the folding motor AND the mirror adjustment motor BOTH pass through a long cylindrical hole in the folding motor (to allow free movement without twisting when the unit turns). The instructions make out that just the folding motor wiring goes through... Now, if it were just that wiring, no prob. But with both... The folding motor wiring has a connector which struggles to get past the wiring for the mirror. When you manage that, you have to get four right-angled pin connectors through the hole. :eek: They nearly, but not quite entirely fit through... Using a small degree of force does it, but belds them slightly :rolleyes:

All went back together though. I took loads of photos, so will do a guide.

And that was supposed to be the easy one. Can't wait to fit the auto-close circuit :eek:

Sounds a pain, but is only ?40 for a replacement mirror motor, as opposed to well over ?100 for the entire mirror unit. Thankfully, replacing just a mirror motor is a piece of piss. A ten minute job. :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:p No. You've already got those. I had a dodgy one, which is why I replaced it.

The auto-folding mirror circuit is a separate kit. Think I paid about ?60 from Japanparts...

J

just_laze

Essentially, when your engine shuts off, your mirrors fold in and vice versus?

J

just_laze

Sounds very cool, definitely a mod i would be interested in attempting, perhaps you could supply me with some details at a later date.