What's new

Which turbo!

D

david

Was just wondering what turbo is better the t28 or the t28bb just curious.
Why did they also change in the later models...

Reaction score
Country
HKS GT-RS turbo for me which is similar to GT2871R.

you loose a bit of spool but you gain heaps more power.
not extremely laggy at all as power comes in strong and pretty quickly.

good for 400bhp too... :D

but if i was to choose between t28 or bb... bb anyday...

M

Matt_S

The GT RS is what I have and its an AWESOME turbo. :thumbs:

Its one of the things that convinced me to buy the car - its my fave turbo :)

Reaction score
i've got a GTRS too, but not fitted yet... lol

my stock turbo is a BB anyhow, it spools nice and fast! :)

G

GUEST_JDM

ive got a gt2860rs think its 350 hp spools quick no real turbo lag at all and is good for drift/circuit work think there rough 1500 in aus from gcg i got mine for 1300 any way but there bb and a dam good turbo and easy to live with, starts to spool at 2 grand

P

Pazz

I believe the HKS GT-RS is just a Garrett GT2871R, Version: 771847-1. Or atleast it has the same trims and A/R for turbine and compressor.

Yeah, I've also heard the GT2860RS is pretty good, I think there are two versions of it with different turbine A/Rs. Doesnt handle high boost as well as some of the 2871Rs though I hear. But then it runs a 62 trim compressor compared to 52 so doesnt need to.

Reaction score
Country
I believe the HKS GT-RS is just a Garrett GT2871R, Version: 771847-1. Or atleast it has the same trims and A/R for turbine and compressor.

Yeah, I've also heard the GT2860RS is pretty good, I think there are two versions of it with different turbine A/Rs. Doesnt handle high boost as well as some of the 2871Rs though I hear. But then it runs a 62 trim compressor compared to 52 so doesnt need to.
well heres the serial for my GT-RS but dont have 771847-1 on it

P

Pazz

Ahh thanks raytsang, the bottom number is the version. So I was wrong.

Its the garret GT2871R Version: 472560-15 <---- link to info and compressor map.

This version also has the exact same A/R + Trims as the 771847-1 that I posted earlier. They seem identical, apart from that the 472560-15 says it doesnt include an actuator. Obviously this HKS wanted to use their part on the GT-RS.

Reaction score
Country
also note the made in japan:D

I've so heard that HKS actually mods the compressor housing or blades to help it... but there are no real proof to support this.

but never the less they are a great turbo. do note that they can creep with a free flow, full 3" exhaust system.. which i have experienced, give it abit of back pressure and its a different story.

Reaction score
i've got a hks silent hi, so hopin' not to experience the creep.... i've got my cat' under the stairs, so that can go back in if need be. :)

i too heard that HKS make some mod's.... but don't know that any are.