What's new

Max boost ??

subzero

Reaction score
after a little hickup (intercooler pipe clip fell off on the way home from modello , missed my map session) were all systems go again for next week. ill keep ye posted on my results.

gonna chance a map for maxol 99ron petrol. as theres 3 stations near my that stock it.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
at 1.2 bar both the injectors and AFM are about maxed out!!!! neither of which you can drive the car about on, without a re-map!

1.2bar is also the limit of the head gasket too! so, MHG time too before you go past that 1.2 mark.

1.4bar will see you about 380bhp at the fly, when accompanied by the correct bolt on's. Standard manifold starts to be a limiting factor at 330bhp ish.

Standard turbo's are also on the limit at 1.2bar! The standard turbo is basically a T28r!
according to my chassis number mine is fitted with a t28bb, does this mean anything other than a faster spool up time, in other words does its limit remain the same as the regular t28? also i'm considering getting the manifold out of the way soon (cheap and easy), wont be running quite as much as the 330 till i've done some other odds, but i don't suppose it will have any detrimental affects for now, must give a small gain for the better flow even for the time being right?

Reaction score
they can handle a little more boost safely than a standard T28and spool faster.

T28r's are ball bearing cored T28's.... :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
BB turbo designs are better anyway. They aren't dependent on oil like sleeve bearing turbos are. This makes them less susceptible to oil cooking if not cooled properly. However, water supply is crucial. As stated, the T28BB is capable of slightly more boost and will spool quicker than the T28. BB turbos are more expensive though. This will almost certainly be why Nissan reverted to the non-BB T28s.

There's a cracking article on Autospeed about the differences between turbo designs: http://autospeed.com/cms/A_2986/article.html.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
well im well chuffed today after having my turbo back sytem installed, im now boosting to 0.9kg/cm3 rather than the 0.7 it was at before. the mechanic noted that there is a flat spot like a misfire, and that the turbo should come in smoother than it does but there is otherwise no play in the turbo at all and for stock the car pulls really well.

when i remarked that the one of the coil packs had gone recently he said to change the plugs as its almost certainly a 'gummed up' plug that is causing my very slight misfire....heres hoping:)

only worry now is the silent hi power has reduced my ground clearance to about 1 inch under the centre box, i can still half and half speed humps but getting back on my drive i scraped it - now i have to go on at a real awkward angle:rolleyes: