What's new

THS F/Pipe And Elbow Question

P

Paul D

Im ordering one of these in the next few weeks and just want to know if they can be fitted with the car on axel stands or do i need to get it on a proper ramp?
Also i know they are meant to be a pain to fit so how long should i give myself to fit it?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You can do it on axle stands. The difficult bit is the elbow. Could take you an hour or three depending on how much of a biatch it is. Take some advice and use copper nuts on the elbow. The won't work loose :)

P

Paul D

cheers mate do you know which ones to get and where from so i can have them ready before stripping it?

P

Paul D

Come to think of it i've got loads of studs and nuts off the diesel x-trail and primera turbo's and the nuts weld on when they get hot so i can try them first :rolleyes:

Reaction score
i fitted mine on axel stands, so yep, can be done.

the bastard part is the 1 bolt on the inside of the elbow... GRRRR!!!!

G

GUEST_JDM

haven't heard of copper nuts before but know of brass nuts used on exhausts if your in aus man get some off gcg turbos and they are an oval shaped nut so that as it goes on it forces into a shape they never come off

Reaction score
Guest, the type of nuts you're on about are called "k-nuts".... (don't ask me why, i don't know!).

They can be got in the UK too! :)