Boost Pressure Leak?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Are you driving with det headphones on? That's the only way to be 100% sure you've not got det... As stated, mine had det not much over 0.8 bar when Jez did my first custom mapping.

Reaction score
Are you driving with det headphones on? That's the only way to be 100% sure you've not got det... As stated, mine had det not much over 0.8 bar when Jez did my first custom mapping.
No that would be dangerous... was setup at Jefferys... they tried loads of different boost settings as they are getting more and more SR20's there so wanted to play and do some tests

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I think for now Im just going to get hold of a stock actuator.

Not knowing a lot about these things I assume that having both an EBC and adjustable actuator is a waste?

Do most people who have EBCs just use the stock actuator anyway?

P

Pazz

Not knowing a lot about these things I assume that having both an EBC and adjustable actuator is a waste??
No, definetly not. The control over boost you get with an EBC can make a huge difference over an adjustable actuator only setup. Spool times, speed/rpm sensitive boost etc.

Darren_S15 said:
Do most people who have EBCs just use the stock actuator anyway
Yes, all you are doing with most forms of boost controller (electronic of manual) is fooling the actuator into believeing what boost is being run.

Last edited:

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Last weekend I decided to change my actuator for one a second hand one that was working correctly hoping to fix my low boost problem.

Sadly this has not solved my problems.

While I had my intake side of the turbo off I noticed a build up of black greasy/slimy stuff in the pipe so I cleaned this all out before I put it back together (guess the HKS it came with caused most of this?).

The car seems to pull a little more responsively, but still wont go above 0.5bar, although it does seem to get to 0.5 alot easier/quicker now.

Next Im going to try the boost solenoid as this is the other suggestion.

If it is not the solenoid what else could I try?

Is it possible one of my gaskets is leaking, or would this be quite noticeable?

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Can anyone tell me if there should be a constant voltage going to the solenoid while the engine is at idle, or is it a variable current?

When my engine is at idle there is nothing going to the solenoid.