What's new

S14 and S15 brake lines (the flexi rubber bit) are they the same?

M

Matt_S

Cos if they are Im gonna go mad at APEX for supplying me with bits that dont fit!

Went ot fit the fronts yesterday and the pipe that Apex had suppied me only goes from the hard pipe at the inner wing end to the hard pipe at the susp mount. Thats fair enough, but the ends required were both female, while the APEX bit was male ant one end and female at the other, so I couldnt fit them :wack:

Can anyone tell me/ remember if theyre the same as S14 please?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The braided lines should run from the wing hard pipe to the calliper. You can ditch the calliper end hard pipe. Many of us get Z32 conversion hoses, as these are slightly longer.

M

Matt_S

Yes I friggin know that mate! :wack:

The question is, are S15 hoses female at both ends?

And then I need to know if S14 hoses are aswell. Cos it looks like if theyre the same, APEX fcuked up royally! :wack:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
as far as I can remember both ends on the S15 hoses where female. I think that S15 specific kits has 2 longer hoses compared to S14 kits.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
What have you guys used on your braided hoses where it passed through the bracket on the strut?

M

Matt_S

In the past Ive used S13 hoses for Z32 conversion, as you then get the whole pipe.
Where it passes thro the strut, you should double insulated the pipe (I used some siprowrap) and then zip ties it securely being careful not to nip the pipe.

Looks like Ill be calling Apex then :wack:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Sorry to bring up an old thread but its better than starting a new one....

I have purchased a set of front and rear brakes to upgrade the tiny ones that are on my Spec S S15. They're in good nick and have come off of a '01 UKDM 200sx (calipers, discs & pads), I was hoping to get braided brake lines to complete the new set up but what ones should I be looking for?

From what I've read on another thread on here ( http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?t=210&highlight=brake+lines ) there appears to be very little difference between the S14 & S15, apart from some lines being longer on the S15. However, everywhere I see the lines advertised they differentiate between the two chasis and always seem to specify that they're for Turbo models only, will a set for a spec R S15 lines suit my spec S with 200sx brakes???