What's new

Fmic And Other Mods!

D

david

HEY lads want to buy few more mods for tha car is there any probs fitting a fmic with the aero bumper dont want to have to cut it cause it took me months to track down one off them bumpers, and can i keep my front fogs!
Second of all have a full kakimoto exhaust on the car downpipe center section and rear silencer(even tho its far from silent)
Anyway my original cat is still in, is a four banch manafold/decat/and turbo elbo worth doing as well as the fmic or do u gain a lot.
Normally like to keep my cars fairly stock but i think its a differant story with this car cause they love mods....:nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Depends on the FMIC. Most require the bumper, chassis rails and bumper support bar trimming, as well as a hole cutting through the battery tray, fitting a smaller battery and losing the fogs. The are a couple which will allow you to keep the fogs and not trim the bumper. Seeing how there is usually only about one NIGHT in the year which genuinely warrants using fogs, their loss is hardly a trauma (contrary to popular belief, front fogs provide zero additional visibility in daytime fog).

Its worth fitting a decat and elbow, but a tubular mani won't show its merits until you have more than about 330bhp at the fly.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
For me, the fogs do bugger all at any time. I just like the look of them.

I am researching a turnflow FMIC solution that will not require cutting any holes or losing the front fogs. It's just taking a hell of a lot longer than I thought it would.

Reaction score
Country
A couple guys at melbs15 has fitted the greddy mspec and kept the fogs on their aero bar. Just had to trim abit off bits of the fog, about 10mm according to them so it will clear the pipings.

Maybe I did my install wrong but I trim a hell lot more than 10mm on my stock front bar.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
It all depends on how you fit the IC.
There are numerous ways to do it and you can mess around with the position and angle of the core.

I managed to fit my FMIC without trimming the aero front bar and also keep the fogs.

Edit: Had to trim the chassis legs though.

D

david

Well the fmic im getting is a jap speed one and so is the elbo and decat there very good quality and very well priced .
Any off ye know anyone that fitted that make?

2OOsxy

It depends also on the size of the core you are putting in - mine is rather large and also quite deep, so the front bar needed some shaving at the rear so that it could fit in (still snug but necessary). It's not usually a huge job just takes a bit of time. If you don't need a huge fmic then you won't need to trim as much.

P

Paul D

Can you use the standard dump valve with a fmic and do you need to buy any other pipes for boost controllers etc that don't come with the kit when fitting?

I've bought an autobahn 88 fmic but have a hks evc. One pipe fits to the plastic intake pipe just before the inlet manifold on the n/s circled in this pic and not sure where that will fit onto?

P

Paul D

I think i've got it now. The hose going to the cold pipe above the fan needs to be extended to the cold pipe for the fmic piping, cheers mate

Reaction score
if you require, i can take a picture of my bay now to show you what i ended up putting where to solve things! :)

over boost... closed wastegate is ****in' fast pick up.... but not safe.... sort it soon! :)

P

Pazz

That would be good Dazz0i, pics always help things. I never realised s15 canisters only had 2 pipes. Gonna need to have a closer look tomorrow @ all the boost piping now you got me wondering.

Reaction score
Country
What I did is took my hotpipe to get a nipple welded and run the hose there.

It's better for the hose to be as close to the turbo as possible, if you run a t-piece on the cold pipe like in the instructions, it will overboost for sure.

Stock:

After install:

Refer to here if you're in doubt. You need to register first though

P

Paul D

I've managed to fit it all and sort bits that i was stuck on thanks for your help i'l post pics in members ride