What's new

Work XD9 fitment

Reaction score
Just thought id show you what I know will fit to S15's and save you time going through the hassle of researching endlessly.

Recommended offsets by Work are :

F 18x8 +35
R 18x9 +38

This is what they will look like (very similar offsets on a GTR)

And heres what you can do with a staggered set. This particular S15 is running Tein coilovers (notorious for poorer clearance).

F 17x8.5 +25 (5mm spacer)
R 18x9 +20

There are other options like getting an 18x10 on the rear but you will need to run camber and theres no guarantee that it will clear the coilovers. Arches will also need rolling and possibly flared too. Theres a gentlemen on the nissansilvia forums who gave me this advice.

"Hey buddy, thanks for the comments. Aero is a nice one to have. With white, id consider getting white wheels and carbon bonnet to manage the look of the car. For the sizing to maximise the dish on standard gaurds id run the 18x10 + 38 on the rear, and 18x9+30 upfront. This will push the wheels out as far as possible and give the car a tough appeal without having to modify the gaurds ridiculously!

I currently run 18x9 + 29 upfront and 18x10+37 on the rear. I ended up with 225/40/18 on the front and 255/35/18 on the rear, however watch out what tyres you buy as the front you want to stretch a little. I had continental contact sports upfront which dont have much stretch and the back I originally had 235/40/18 however that was too stretched so I put some 255/35/18 on today.

As for camber, I run a fair bit upfront which is -2.5deg and on the rear I run -2deg. The car sits pretty low with the kit on but you should be fine on the aero. I rolled both front and rear guards so the lips are flat back on the bodywork, and i took out the inner guards on the front so the tyres dont scrub. You will also have to raise the wiring look up which is in the drivers guard so you dont scrub that out too :p

Id even consider going the 17x8.5+25 upfront and the 17x10+38 on the rear. Wouldnt be a bad setup but Im not too sure how much dish you will get upfront. Those will probably be the choices of wheel sizes id use"

And heres his car.

So dependant on how much work you're willing to put in, you an get some pretty decent size rims to fit. Anyway hope this helped someone. Ciao!

Reaction score
Country
Nice info :thumbs:

I went for the 18 x 8" +35 F and 18 x 9" +38 R in the end as after reading up on numerous fitements i decided this would be the safest and wont provide any nasty suprises.

I compared these settings with what Nicely has and what he had mentioned (seeing as he as APEX coilovers like me). The fronts will give me 3mm more strut clearence and 7mm more guard clearance (which he has an issue with). The rears are the same clearance with the guards but les strut clearence (this shouldnt be an issue on the rear) although i will still need the guards rolling to prevent rubbing.

I think hat 9" front and 10" rear will require too much negative camber thus reducing the drivability and handling. Although i admit the much deeper dish will look better it wasnt something i was prepared to take a gamble on.

@ ShadyUK - When are your wheels due ?

Reaction score
Yeh thats why I gave up on the idea of having 18x10's as the risk is too great and I really dont want to spend lots of money just getting them to fit! Ive also gone with a safer option but with a staggered set as I like the look of that yellow S15. Im now going for:

F 17x8.5 +25
R 18x9 +30

I may change the rears to a +38 however but im a bit weary about clearance on the Tein coilovers.

Still awaiting perfectrun to respond to my order request.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Perfectrun usually respond within 1 day (taking into account time zones). Might be worthwhile contacting them again. I was told there is currently a 1.5 month wait on the 18x9" +38, not sure if its the same for the +30's but ive ordered and paid anyway.

I havent heard anyone mention suspension fouling on the rears ? I assume the rears have far more suspension clearence. +30's will require negative camber id imagine, unless you went for a 245 rear tyre but these are a less common size and so offer less choice.

Reaction score
Woo! They have my wheels in stock and should be leaving Japan in a few days. Will keep you posted. I guess I should start my own project page as this will be my first mod.

Reaction score
Country
Dude, the size on the GTST is nowhere near gtr size. GTR dont run x8 wide and they dont run anything above +22 offset.

Look up my post on the ultimate wheel fitment guide on page 6. I've even showed diff s15s with known and proven width and offset. All on considerably normal camber.

W

WATDA

Ive got 17x8.5 30 offset on the front with a 4mm spacer to clear the coilovers and 17x9.5 with a 38 offset on the rear. Work XD9 rims sit nice and flush allround

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
and camber numbers please :thumbs:

For a 9.5j ET38, you must be running some high-ish camber?

I have 8j ET35 on the rear, and couldnt get away with much more on around 1.2degree of camber. If/when i change my wheels, i'd like to be in the follow range -

Front - 8/8.5j ET35 (my current 8j ET35 has a 5mm spacer which was needed to miss the Tein coilovers, not sure its needed now with the Apex coilovers)
Rear - 9/9.5j ET40/40+, can always use spacers to push it out to the arch, there is plenty of room for coilover clearance.

W

WATDA

Im running 1.5deg front camber and 1deg rear camber
Will get some pics which show how the wheels sit when i charge my camera. Use 215/45/17 front and 235/40/17 rears

H

her DVS200

just wanting to know if anyone could please tell me what rims these are on the s15 in the black and white picture.

thanks