What's new

350z/z33 brembo conversion.

Reaction score
Country
guys got hold of a set of brembo brake calipers and disc off a 350z 2006.

just need abit more info and confirmation.

Fronts.
these should fit on straight forward enough.. just need to drill out a hole for a 14mm bolt instead of the normal 12mm the s15 uses.
also heard they might need a bracket?????

Update
Bracket is not needed will bolt up to s15,
only needs to drilled out the 12mm hole to 14mm hole on the mount,
**Note** normal drills will only take up to 13mm, way around this is to use Black Smith Drills which has a smaller shank to allow them to fit normal drill chucks.
Will need new bolts as 350z bolts are too long.
Some M14 bolts fine thread M14x1.5x45 high tensile steel will do the job.
New hoses needed (Apexperformance do a conversion hose slightly longer for big disc and bolt straight on too caliper)
I've been told the fronts dont need new hoses as the old one will go on.

So here is your checklistforfront 350z brembo conversion

• 350Z Brembo Brake Caliper Model - OPB27VA
Caliper Piston Bore - 38mm x 2 and 44mm x 2
• 350Z Disc Diameter - 324 x 30mm
• Brake pads of your choice
• goodridge type 2 braided hoses
• 14mm Blacksmith Drill
• 14mm High Tensile Bolts M14x1.5x45
• Masking tape
• drill
• dremal or hack saw

Rears.
A bit more work on these... so basically i need a backing plate of a s13 or skyline.
r33 brake cables.
What about braided hose for the calipers what will fit?
And a Z32/33 bmc or skyline bmc.
Any other bits i might be missing?

Update
rear calipers will not bolt straight on. hole pitches are different. aslo thread is different to brembo are M12 and s15 are M10
caliper offset maybe different too ... will confirm this....
Im planing on slotting holes out to fit as they are only out by half a bolt. as for offset if out, some shaving of the knuckle mount bracket maybe needed.
if failing this will need to make up some sort of braket to fit... im trying to avoid having to cut and weld the knuckle.
will need to confirm when completed.

will need backing plate with drum disc mechenisim from following s13,r32,r33,z32.
r33 hand brake cables.
conversion braided hoses. (apexperformance can supply these)
some M12 bolts.

A BMC will be needed to change bais of the braking force between the back and the front. this is need because the rear disc size have increased significantly from s15 280mm to 350z 320mm. if you dont change the bias your going to lock up the rears on hard braking and hard braking turn in's.
Z32 are a popular choice.
but be careful choosing your BMC as the Z32 came in different piston sizes which varied in different models and years. also ABS and non-ABS.
Most popular are the 1" and 1-1/16". as these are bigger then the standard s15 ( )
the 1-1/16" is the biggest of the z32 BMC people have said that this bmc maybe too hefty and gives too much of an intial bit, which have been debaited as dangerous when needing to do emergency brakes. 1" is not as hefty and is the size used in r34 GTR's which is a softer intial bit then the bigger 1-1/16".
So it up to you and your style of brake to which size to go for.

Z32 Master Cylinder part numbers.
46010-30P01 Manufacture date 2/89 – 7/90 (17/16" NA Tokico)
46010-30P02 Manufacture date 7/89 – 7/90 (17/16" TT Tokico)
46010-30P02 Manufacture date 7/90 – 2/91 (17/16" NA & TT Tokico)
46010-30P10 Manufacture date 2/89 – 7/90 (15/16" NA Nabco non-ABS)
46010-30P21 Manufacture date 2/89 – 7/90 (17/16" NA Nabco)
46010-30P22 Manufacture date 7/89 – 7/90 (17/16" TT Nabco)
46010-30P22 Manufacture date 7/90 – 2/91 (17/16" NA & TT Nabco)
46010-45P00 Manufacture date 9/91 – 9/93 (1" NA TT Tokico)
46010-45P00 Manufacture date 2/91 – 9/91 (1" NA & TT Tokico)
46010-45P20 Manufacture date 9/91 – 9/93 (1" NA & TT Nabco)
46010-45P20 Manufacture date 9/93 – Up (1" NA & TT Nabco)

some more useful info
The BM# denoted the bore size
normally found on the master cylinder casting.
BM33 is 13/16
BM38 is 7/8
BM44 is 15/16
BM50 is 1"
BM57 is 1 1/16"

Other stuff you may think about doing since you got everything apart.
polybush/solid bushing the knuckle.
change wheel bearings.
change to adjustable arms.
new suspension,

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Alsojust found out the rear z33 brembo holes dont match up. So a bracket and some messing around will be needed.:no:

Reaction score
that blows... about the rears.

i've got an R32 GTR BMC and it's the same power as the standard one, so no point in changing to one of them.

Braided hoses i got from Apex, they sell their front ones with a "center" bit to attach to the suspension strut, this can save you hassle come MOT time if they start being twatish about it "fouling the strut".

Reaction score
Country
theres hope for the rears yet......:D:cool:

just been doing alot of searching on SXOC found that couple of the guys done the same conversion. a crowd called PTS has come up a bracket to allow the calipers to be mounted with out much hassle.

so just e-mailedthem formore info:thumbs:

J

JDM JUNKIE

Raystang, I thought the 350z or Z33 fronts wouldn't bolt up to the front of a S15. Do you have these on the fronts alreadly? If so, do they need any mods besides redrilling?

-JDM JUNKIE

Reaction score
Country
don't have them on yet......
have read up on a few people that got it done, and it is just redrill and bolt on might need new bolt not too sure on that part.....

just make sure you use the z33 dics aswell, think it also changes the offset so some spacers might be needed to clear the calipers.

will comfirm all this when i eventually get this done.

J

JDM JUNKIE

Oh... yeah I was wondering about the offset change. Thanks for reminding me. I look foward to your update, please remember to post how much your offset changes.

-JDM JUNKIE

Reaction score
Country
theres hope for the rears yet......:D:cool:

just been doing alot of searching on SXOC found that couple of the guys done the same conversion. a crowd called PTS has come up a bracket to allow the calipers to be mounted with out much hassle.

so just e-mailedthem formore info:thumbs:
right ive called these guys, but there is not magic bracket that will allow
the rears to be bolted straight on...
what involved is the need to cut and weld the hub to adjust the mounting position for the new caliper.

but PTS will do all this for you if you got all the parts.
so a road trip down to PTS might be on the cards later on, or a DIY jobby.

Reaction score
gotta be brave to chop the hubs really..... I spose it's not *too* bad doing it on the rear, cause most of the brakin' force is up front, but it's certainly got to be weaker than original?

I personally, certainly wouldn't wanna do that to the front calipers! But the rears, i probably would! :)

Reaction score
Country
You need to change the BMC if you're putting 2pot on ur rear. Otherwise it will lock up on the rear easily. Stock s15 bmc is setup to distribute more brake force to the rear.

Reaction score
Country
Yeap Z32 BMC will be going in with the rear conversions.

still need to sort out some parts required for the conversion. so it be a while before it will be fullt completed.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I'm jealous. They look awesome.

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys
Can anyone confirm that rear knuckle from R33 gts and s15 are the same material and fit?
Apparently r33 knuckle is made from steel..

I was hoping to use the full r33 rear assembly's that i have and maybe change the bearings and bushing on the knuckle. then custom mount z33 rear calipers.

With everything pre-assembled i can just swap everything out in a couple of hours.

G

gunner93

I heard the R32/33/34 rear assys are all the same. Its all P&P with S15 rear assy. Not sure of the hand brake cable and additional weight though.

Reaction score
Country
right have visually compare the r33 knuckle too the s15 knuckle..
They are the same cast, both are iron
But there is one difference... the toe arm fitting (i thinks) had a ball joint on it instead of the normal bushing found on the s15.
the ball joint removed and fit a bushing into it, it is identicaly to s15 knuckle which means i can replace the full r33 rear hubs with r33 cable already attached on to the s15 rear.

it seems that only the r33 works as r34/z32 have a different mount for the suspension, use a fork type end where s15 is bolt and eye.
Z32 rear knuckle are alumium... but wont fit my rear suspension.

which means i can start to fab the bracket for the z33 rear brembo calipers off the car :thumbs:. plus upgrading the knuckle with solid or polybush it. sand balast off the rust and paint it up. some new bearing too.

have seen people on SXOC cutting and welding bits to make the z33 rear brakes, to make it to work. which im trying to avoid. as come NCT/MOT time it could mean a fail... and dont want to be removing the whole rears again.

Last edited: