What's new

M sport carbon bonnets

Reaction score
Country
guys

was looking at the carbon bonnets from M Sport.
any of you guys got any experience from these bonnets like fit quality of the carbon etc.

feed back please.

2OOsxy

hey Raystang - I haven't had one of their bonnets, but have got their genuine M Sports kit on and the fit is sensational. It's a good fit and even when I have changed them over to a new part there is a straight easy fitment, good quality and thickness in the kit as well. From what I have seen of their canards and diffusers the carbon is very good quality as well. (My CF bonnet is a Border Style Carbon Bonnet for shows).

Reaction score
Country
hey thanks for the reply 200sxy...
ive a vertex ridge kit on the way so i was looking for a nice carbon bonnet to finish it off. from what your saying the M sports stuff should be top notch.

think i'll be ordering bonnet then.:D

Reaction score
+1 for M Sports fitment. The two best brands for fitment(that I have seen) would be M Sports and Ings:)

S

sillbeers15

Hey Raytsang,

I have not come across M sports aero items, but I can share with you my nightmares when it comes to buying CF bonnets.

The reason I stick to Nissan optional aero parts because of my fear to test poorly fabricated bodykits, especially those made from FRP or fiberglass resins. Many are poorly reproduced from timber molds so the tolerance is way higher than many human's and they end up weighing a ton before your painter slaping a ton of bondo to cosmetically perfect it. And not to mention about cracks after installation.....

I've even had bad experience buying CF bonnets from smaller tunners like Origin. Man...their CF bonnet look really nice in pics but the surface waves more than the Gold Coast's asset when I actually got them and installed. In the end I had to sell it off and finally settled for a Varis CF bonnet.:annoyed:

I think it pays to do your homework before any commitment...unless you do not mind regrets.:cry:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
yeah ive hearded alot of bad storied with Origin and the likes of d-max.

really bad fit ment and carbon weave is all over the place.

i was hopeing that M Sport would not be one of these small companies.
did some surfing around and have only really heard good things about fit ment. but i am skeptic about the quality of there carbon, as they are not that expensive and have choice of colours for that bit extra.

might just take the bullet and let you guys know about it. would probably paint over it anyways if its really bad.

S

sillbeers15

Most of the CF stuff we buy aren't the 'light weight' CF used on avaition and F-1 cars.

The CF we buy are called 'wet' CF. The process is almost identical to FRP process which plastic resins are applied on top of CF material instead of fiberglass material and allowed to cure in ambient temperature environment.
It is low cost and easy to carryout the manufacturing process. That is why there are problems of bubbles and waves.

The true high tech CF making process is called the 'dry' CF process. It requires an Autoclave to cure CF material under high temperature and vacuum to remove moisture from the CF elements and so make them bond into a hard and light structure.

I've came across a maker in Japan that makes dry cf bonnets for R34 GTR and S15 only. I've seen and feel the actual bonnet. It looks dull and not shiny like wet CF and is half the weight of the wet CF stuff. Unfortunately it cost 4 times the normal CF bonnet......sigh.