What's new

tow hooks

subzero

Reaction score
yeah , i put it on without taking the bumper off, was at a mates house with a pit so wasnt too bad. i needed to drill 1 hole ... the other i used was already there . thats the only place i could find to mount it without welding. i also used a few spacers as i didnt want to go cutting the bumper.

subzero

Reaction score
Any pics of the fitting mate?

Where did you get the hook from?
depends on your bumper, mine would have required cutting the bumper a little but i decided to use lots of bolts as spacers and did it that way, had to drill one hold as a single hole hole will not suffice at it wont be strong enough .

(ill try get a pic for ya)

Last edited:
R

R3N

depends on your bumper, mine would have required cutting the bumper a little but i decided to use lots of bolts as spacers and did it that way, had to drill one hold as a single hole hole will not suffice at it wont be strong enough .

(ill try get a pic for ya)

cant remember exactly what site i used to get it, they have em on driftworks but i got mine from either rhd or nengun .
any chance of a pic? about to order one from rhd (might be the same one) most others i have found are quite short, am I right that it needs to be over 300mm to reach outside the bumper?

subzero

Reaction score
ill trty get better pcis during the week around the wheel etc ... have a rough pic here on page 2 ... the one i got was very long but i wanted it to be very visable from the front. theres about 5/6 holes in the toe hook so easily changed in adn out. if youve a front mount like mine it aint too bad to fit, needs one hole drilled tho !

R

R3N

would it be too much to ask if you could get the dimensions of the tow hook too? ie. length and toe eye diameter. much appreciated!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Had my Driftworks front tow hook installed in readiness for track day in November hehe :)

They managed to make a bend so it goes through the main bumper and not the lip which would have been awkward!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers guys - soz not very technical about these kinda bits but it's the same part of the 'frame' (??) that others have bolted theirs to on the front as well...

In the first pic, it's the same piece of blue frame bit above the tow hook just that for it to be installed flat rather than vertical, they used the L-shaped bracket supplied with hook etc ;)