What's new

blacktop VS redtop

A

alexfalk

I just wanted to check what?s your opinion regarding what intake manifold is the best as stock items. The redtop one or the blacktop one?

Was thinking about replacing mine as it looks to me that the S13 redtop have more straight and shorter runners.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Best would probobly be a GTI-R red top one. But I don't think it would fit straight on.

GTI-R has the same throttle setup as the GTR.
Induvidual valve for every runner, but controlled in pairs.

A

alexfalk

Well I?m buing a new manifold just because i don?t have the time or patience to smooth out the stock manifold. So I have an S13 one or S14 to choose from.

A

alexfalk

Well if I wanted a perfect intake I would fabrikate one myself. However the stock internals and turbo will remain. So I think it?s a waste of time right now and i will settle for the slightly better. :nod:

Now I know that there are someone else who share my thoughts regarding the intake and i will probably go for the red top one. ;)

Does anyone know if the red top intake have the tempsensor housing for the coolant in it or if I have to fabrikate a new one?:confused:

M

Matt_S

Im sorry pal, but I dont have the time to go digging all the info up for you.

All Ill say is that if you dont already know the heads are so different and that the inlets wont just swap over, you really ought to think it thro a little more.