What's new

Couple of quick questions...

Reaction score
Country
Guys,

Ive searched these forums and the SXOC but seem to find conflicting results...

Does a S14 elbow, S14 frontpipe and a S13/R33 decat all fit together with an S15 exhaust ?? I notice Nicely said that the S14 elbow & frontpipe fit an S15 decat and i read that the S13/R33 decats are the same as the S15 so should fit ?? :confused:. Also will it be easy to swap in the CAT again for MOT ?

I am going to order the parts all from APEX as i have ?500 of vouchers to spend (yes i won the xmas compo :D) before anyone mentions the THS parts are cheaper.

Also does an S14 front brace fit an S15 no problem ? (again i couldnt find a deffo answer for this).

And lastly...wheres the best places to buy an S15 exhaust in the UK or is it still cheaper to import direct via Nengun/? etc ?

Cheers peeps!

Reaction score
the apex S14 elbow's will require some "beating" to get it to fit. you have to "dent" it a little bit because it touches the gearbox otherwise. you also have to trim the lower center stud on the turbo outlet to be able to bolt it on. neither of these are "big" problems, just making you aware.

i've got an R33 decat on mine, with an S15 blitz frontpipe.

you can swap back in the cat' come MOT time. :)

Reaction score
Country
Ok, thanks. Is there a S14 elbow that fits better ? I take it the S14a elbow and frontpipe combo + S13/R33 decat wont fit ?

Reaction score
don't think so.

i wouldn't be put off the Apex one... jounior hack and take a couple threads off the stud and you're done. :) it's only cause it's litterally the maximum size possible.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yes, S14 elbow, S14 front pipe and R32/R33/S13 decat will fit. S14 braces will also fit.

I would STRONGLY advise against an Apex elbow. I have heard so many bad things about the quality and durability of them through SXOC. And if its the Trust style one Dazz0i is talking about, it REALLY isn't worth the hassle to fit the b@stard. It also pushes everything back about half to one inch, meaning that you can no longer fit the support bracket between the cat and front pipe. This bracket is ESSENTIAL to stop excessive movement of the front pipe and elbow which could cause the mani to crack. The one I had off them cracked within two months...

Personally, I'd spend your vouchers on something else and get the THS elbow and flexi pipe package :thumbs: I have not had a problem with ANY of their stuff (elbow, pipe, mani)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I can only say that I know that my setup fits.

S14 elbow (noname brand)
s15 front pipe (Greddy MX)
R32GTR decat (noname brand)
S15 cat-back (Greddy PEII)

everything lines up and all the brackets and stuff can be used as intended :)

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys.

Ill go for the THS setup (just need to modify the bracket) then with the APEX R33 decat then ?

Instead of the elbow ill get an APEX front brace then :). Im also looking at the Blitz Nur Spec RX which is like the Spec R but significantly quieter.

Anyone know of other good exhausts excluding the HKS Silent Power that wont wake the neighbours ? Seems theres very limited choice for exhausts for the S15 in the UK :(

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Cheers guys.

Ill go for the THS setup (just need to modify the bracket) then with the APEX R33 decat then ?

Instead of the elbow ill get an APEX front brace then :). Im also looking at the Blitz Nur Spec RX which is like the Spec R but significantly quieter.

Anyone know of other good exhausts excluding the HKS Silent Power that wont wake the neighbours ? Seems theres very limited choice for exhausts for the S15 in the UK :(
Greddy power extreme II is also pretty quiet.

T

the boot lad

Just while ye are on the whole s14/s15 thread,im just wondering will s14 lowering springs fit an s15 ?thanks guys.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There are differences in spring and damper rates in the standard items. But once you start fitting aftermarket stuff, that pretty much goes out the window anyway :p

P

Pazz

The Nur Spec-R comes with a rear tail silencer which quietens it down significantly, I really was amazed when you put it in how much it silence's it. Simple to remove as well if you ever feel like needing a headache, plus side is underboost it sounds like an F1 car :cool:

Could put vouchers towards Apex coilover kit? Just an idea.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I know that the following doesnt work: -

S14 elbow and front pipe
S15 Decat
S15 cat-back

The front pipe doesnt reach the decat :rolleyes: I had to get a 6" (roughly) section made up, the problem now is that the bolts at both ends of the 6" section are in line, making it hard to remove......

Reaction score
Country
The Nur Spec-R comes with a rear tail silencer which quietens it down significantly, I really was amazed when you put it in how much it silence's it. Simple to remove as well if you ever feel like needing a headache, plus side is underboost it sounds like an F1 car :cool:

Could put vouchers towards Apex coilover kit? Just an idea.
Ive heard the Spec R is just too loud, even with he silencer which i dont really want to use. Im gonna go with the HKS Silent like most ppeps on here so i wont get any issues getting on track.

Already got the coilovers and alignment kit from a previous GB ;)

Reaction score
Country
I know that the following doesnt work: -

S14 elbow and front pipe
S15 Decat
S15 cat-back

The front pipe doesnt reach the decat :rolleyes: I had to get a 6" (roughly) section made up, the problem now is that the bolts at both ends of the 6" section are in line, making it hard to remove......
See..now youve just gone and turned everything upside down :). I thought the S13/R33 decat was same length as the S15 and these fit fine with the S14 elbow and frontpipe as Nicely said...so how can yours be so far out ??

If i get the THS elbow and frontpipe + HKS silent Hi-Power + S13/decat this should be practicaly the same as Nicely's which fits ??

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Is the S13 decat the same length as the S15 one? I know the S14 is longer, but not sure about the S13.

Well i'm sorry, but thats what i have fitted and it doesnt fit.... both elbow and front pipe are Creasey (SXOC fame)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you get that setup, it WILL fit, as its exactly the same as mine (assuming that the info I was given about the S13 decat is correct :) ).

The problems arise from different turbo elbow sizes (as I mentioned previously) and sometimes the sellers selling slightly different length front pipes, or confusing the Euro S14a frontpipes with the Euro S14 items (both are different lengths due to the second cat in the S14a front pipe and it having a smaller elbow)