What's new

Oil Filter + Relocation?

G

gunner93

When I had my oil filter changed, I realised with the aftermarket adjustable FPR in the way, its absolutely PITA to remove the oil filter now. The relocation kit becomes essential if I have bigger hands. You can see how tight it was for me here...:(

G

gunner93

Its worst if the engine is hot and no proper tools. I had to loosen the filter first to hand-tight +10% before warming up the oil to temperature.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Can you buy a relocation kit only, without the cooler?

Or should i look at getting the cooler? I plan to take my car on more trackdays this year, but will 80% be on the road only.

Reaction score
Country
Ive been wondering the same but cant find anything, tbh id be happier without the cooling kit as this will take the car longer to get oil to running temp ?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Greddy has a relocation kit for S14s which will fit the S15.
I would want to change the fittings to proper screw fitting though just to feel safer. The stock fittings with the greddy kit is just push-on type with a aluminium hose clamp. I've heard stories of people munching their engines because of a hose comming loose.

Oil-cooler might be a good idea when going on track. But as long as you keep an eye on the temps you might not need one.
You'll be able to run for longer times though with a cooler. at the end of a track-day the temps will rise very quickly.

S

sillbeers15

Jez8553,
Ive been wondering the same but cant find anything, tbh id be happier without the cooling kit as this will take the car longer to get oil to running temp ?
Get those oil cooler kits that come with a termostate that only releases oil flow to oil cooler > 80 deg c. The HKS Type R oil cooler kit I'm using has that feature.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country